oneBoro Forum

Vectorboro

He was a nice friendly bloke. We worked in the same building for a short while, and I'd often see him in the canteen or the lift, and we'd always have a chat about Boro. We've lost a good one.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve just seen on Facebook that Vectorboro sadly passed away yesterday. I know a lot of us on here will remember him and he will be missed. R.I.P Ian

Absolute gentleman, the biggest Boro supporter around and his legacy lives on in this website, oneboro wouldn't be around as it is today without his input in the early days. Such sad news. 

He was of the main reasons why I moved over from 606.  When VB wrote something, everyone took note, which I think is the best compliment someone could be given on a forum like this.  RIP VB.

This is such sad news, I'm not the best with words, but the oneBoro Forum would certainly not be what it is today without the help and dedication from VB; from the days of 606 and the Evening Gazette forum, to helping make everyone feel welcome and providing ITK snippets along the way.

RIP VB 😞 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Such sad news. The genuine OG ITK. Remember refreshing this site countless times waiting for his updates on the Rhodes transfer saga. 

RIP VB x 

He was an avid poster when I first joined the forum about ten years ago. Met him briefly before the play off final against Norwich. Seemed like a very nice guy and was certainly a big reason for this forums succes. Thoughts to his family❤️

I only browse this forum these days and haven't logged in for quite some time, but logged in today as VB was instrumental in giving this forum its life and character. A top bloke with a worthy reputation. RIP VB.

• Like 5

Very sad news. Was always exciting to see that green Vectorboro post as it generally meant some team or juicy transfer news. Seemed like a genuinely nice guy too at a time when the forum was at its peak. Rip.

• Like 1

Used to read this forum purely for his posts at first, those transfer threads were awesome with the info he had, specially the legendary Ross McCormack one!

As I used the forum more I learnt of i inboxed him late at night he was generally half drunk and he would tell me all sorts of goings on behind the scenes.

Big RIP to that guy, genuinely interesting person to talk to.

• Like 1

Passing this on, one of the big news resources from the Games industry has put out an article on Ian with a lovely statement from his former company, Sumo Digital.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-07-27-industry-veteran-and-sumo-director-ian-richardson-dies-aged-53

As mentioned in there, he was also an ambassador for SpecialEffect, a Games charity doing all kinds of amazing accessibility work in games. It's really worth checking them out and having a look at some of the amazing work they do but they've also put out a piece on Ian and his involvement with them:

https://www.specialeffect.org.uk/specialeffect-news/ian-richardson-specialeffect-ambassador-games-industry-legend

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Passing this on, one of the big news resources from the Games industry has put out an article on Ian with a lovely statement from his former company, Sumo Digital.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-07-27-industry-veteran-and-sumo-director-ian-richardson-dies-aged-53

As mentioned in there, he was also an ambassador for SpecialEffect, a Games charity doing all kinds of amazing accessibility work in games. It's really worth checking them out and having a look at some of the amazing work they do but they've also put out a piece on Ian and his involvement with them:

https://www.specialeffect.org.uk/specialeffect-news/ian-richardson-specialeffect-ambassador-games-industry-legend

Good lord, he was only 53. That is no age at all. RIP

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Rarely post these days but felt I had to pay my respects to a great stalwart of the old OB site. A true gent and the site had been poorer for his absence for a few years now. RIP fella

• Like 1

i didnt have the fortune to meet the guy and know very little of his lifestyle and passions but desite this i had the utmost respect for him due to his demenour towards all posters no matter thier site or social standing. this forum has profitted immensely from all the hard work he put in during its early times. sincere condolences to all that knew and loved him. RIP Sir.