oneBoro Forum

Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)

Here We Go Again GIF

It’s that time again, ladies and gents!

The football season has returned, and the winds of change have blown through the Boro squad. The club seeking South American flair to augment a crop of lower league brutes. What could go wrong?

Britt Assomba-no-longer!

Marcus Bettin-see you in helli!

Ashley Fletch…er……um……….

Anyway, the Boro boys kick off their season with a trip to London to wage war against newly relegated Fulham. They are led by Marco Silva and have a strong looking squad on paper. A difficult opening fixture but perhaps a good one to get early, as it may take them a couple of games to get up to speed.

I’m going to be bold and predict a 2-1 Boro win. Nothing like a bit of optimism to get us going!

Some pre-match questions to consider:

Boro have done quite a bit of business so far but the squad still looks very thin in places. How many more signing do we need before the end of the window?

What would be your line-up for this match?

Where do you think we will finish come the end of the season?

Competition: Where in the world is Neil Bausor?

Big bad Bausor has been off on his travels in the past few weeks, scouring the planet for anyone who could do a job up front. Please use your editing skills to show us some of the places Neil has got to whilst Warnock’s been trying to get him on the phone. Winner to be selected by me at the end of the game!  Good luck!

Here is one from me to get us started. Neil having a lovely old time on a beach in Brazil! I hope one of those lads can bang in 20 goals a season for us!

neil.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me Ikpeazu over Britt anyday.

Neil Bausor misunderstood Warnock's instructions to "Go get a Brazilian"  

First game of the season. Sunday lunchtime kick off. London. Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad. Great point. Welcome to the Championship Marco

Posted Images

If we win 

image.gif.f6204209ce995fdba95641940b4aa03b.gif

If we lose

image.gif.60892e4051818f12ffb72ab32709261f.gif

If we draw

image.gif.85f11fdf3fdcb2e21668ab98605e87ea.gif

nothing in between. Welcome to another Boro season 😊

• Like 2

Boro have done quite a bit of business so far but the squad still looks very thin in places. How many more signing do we need before the end of the window?

I'm honestly caught in two minds when writing out my line-up for the next match and including the subs in how I respond to clear lack of first-team players. Part of me wants to see the young lads given a proper chance, part of me wants to give it a bit more of a go this year. Potentially add Bamba, Paterson and Payero into the mix to what we already have and include more of the young lads than we usually do and we're probably well covered without any further departures.

We're waiting to hear important news on injuries to some though. Lose Bola and you definitely want a left-back, lose Ameobi and you definitely want at least one more winger. And Akpom is essentially useless to us so whether he goes or not, you probably want another striker.

What would be your line-up for this match?

Well, practice what you preach for Warnock. Says he wouldn't play the wing-backs against a 4 and it looks like Fulham are doing just that this season with either a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Their last pre-season friendly at home to Charlton was Tete, Adarabioyo, Ream and Robinson across the back.

We need to hear the news on injuries to those that have played some in pre-season but this is about as positive as I can expect.

Lumley
Dijksteel Fry Hall Coulson
Crooks Morsy McNair
Tav Ikpeazu Watmore

Subs: Stojanovic, Peltier, Spence, Howson, Malley, Sivi, Coburn

Where do you think we will finish come the end of the season?

In true Tony Pulis fashion, as it stands I think we'll do better than last season and finish 12th.

I don't think the current squad is capable of promotion. There's a lot of unknowns though as it stands, I believe unless we strengthen a fair bit that we will have to use our U23s and that could go either way for each individual that has to step up.

I do believe we will strengthen though and there's plenty of time left in the window yet.

2 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Competition: Where in the world is Neil Bausor?

Met up with Leo after the latter secured Payero. Leo wanted to go to the local theme park to celebrate. Told Neil to turn his phone off as Warnock "doesn't like" Leo having fun without him.

Polish_20210803_171258669.jpg

• Haha 4

Lumley

Dijksteel

Hall

Fry

Coulson

Howson

Morsy

Mcnair 

Crooks

Watmore 

Ikpeazu

Is how I think we will line up.  If Tav is back then him in for Howson.

think he will have Crooks and Watmore buzzing around Ikpeazu, we are short in to many areas.

I can't see us playing a back four with Coulson at left back.  Warnock clearly doesn't fancy him there.  More likely to see us playing wingbacks or someone else doing a job at left back perhaps.  Lumley, Dijksteel, Fry, Hall, McNair, Tav, Howson, Morsy, Crooks, Watmore, Ikpaezu probably something like that?

• Like 1

IIRC, Bola's back in training and was missing because of recovery from surgery, unfortunately followed by having to isolate because of Covid.

I think he'll start on Sunday, even after missing most of pre-season.

8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

IIRC, Bola's back in training and was missing because of recovery from surgery, unfortunately followed by having to isolate because of Covid.

I think he'll start on Sunday, even after missing most of pre-season.

yep I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him start Bola because of our left sided predicament. I would assume he would like to ease him back in but if he doesn't get a left sided player in ASAP I think he'll just throw Bola back out there.

• Downsouth changed the title to Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)