oneBoro Forum

Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)

Strange there isn't so much excitement for this game on here. Heading off to Putney soon on the train. Going to be emotional I think.

If Bola and Payero can both play I reckon we can make a good game of it. It's going to be tough but it's a free hit.

Enjoy your day everyone at home and at the match.

• Like 4
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me Ikpeazu over Britt anyday.

Neil Bausor misunderstood Warnock's instructions to "Go get a Brazilian"  

First game of the season. Sunday lunchtime kick off. London. Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad. Great point. Welcome to the Championship Marco

Posted Images

1 minute ago, edinboro said:

Strange there isn't so much excitement for this game on here. Heading off to Putney soon on the train. Going to be emotional I think.

If Bola and Payero can both play I reckon we can make a good game of it. It's going to be tough but it's a free hit.

I think everyone's a bit apprehensive about it because of who we're playing (and because most of us aren't going!) but I can't wait for it personally.

I think we'll lose but the proper football is back, can't wait to be back at the Riverside next week.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I think everyone's a bit apprehensive about it because of who we're playing (and because most of us aren't going!) but I can't wait for it personally.

I think we'll lose but the proper football is back, can't wait to be back at the Riverside next week.

Really not focused on the result. Just amazing to be able to go. I reckon the Boro fans there could overpower Fulham and really gee the players on.

Come on boro I just worried injuries will limit our starting line up. But I belive Warnock will have a plan like he had last season against Norwich. We can go here and frustrate the hosts. Nick a goal in a 1-1 draw Up the boro 

4 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I wouldn't call it a free hit as such. We definitely are up against it and a win seems unlikely, but we really need to put up a fight and be competitive on the first day with fans back. If we turn up and get trounced it'll have a pretty bad impact on the fans and players morale given the small squad were currently working with. 

I'll be pleased with a hard working performance regardless of the end result. This should be a bare minimum requirement as a footballer, so as long as they do, i'm satisfied.

A point would be a great result, I just hope we don't sit back until they score first.

Looking forward to this game today. Hopefully 🙏 I can find a pub in Westport willing to show it. Have my new away shirt ready to go. Come on BORO 

• Like 4

I just don’t think we are ready for this game due to limitations on the side caused by injuries and failure to bring in our transfer targets. What I am hoping to see is a fighting display and a glimpse into the rest of the season. Bloody great to have live football back along with the crowds, 2-0 Fulham, and I don’t care we will get better and more competitive 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Looking forward to this game today. Hopefully 🙏 I can find a pub in Westport willing to show it. Have my new away shirt ready to go. Come on BORO 

The Wyatt Hotel had Sky in the bar last time I was there

• Thanks 1

Just hoping for a decent performance today. Result doesn’t matter too much to me today. Expecting to lose due to the injuries we likely have. Would definitely love a win though!

Keeping my expectations low for this one. New season, first game, several new faces in the squad...anything could happen.

However I'm expecting Fulham to be too strong for us. Prediction: Fulham 2 - 1 Boro.

However I'm also giving it the standard 10 games before I start being overly worried / critical or cock-a-hoop (depending on results).

Haven't really given our current squad much scrutiny so won't make any guesses as to our formation or starting IX.

Anyway, Warnock knows what he's doing...doesn't he? 😁

C'mon Boro!

Happy Jerry Seinfeld GIF

4 minutes ago, newyddion said:

All the pressure is on Fulham! Marco Silva to prove he is a decent manager. If they lose today the knives will be straight out. Mitrovic has to prove he can keep his head (with Morsy and Crookes picking away at him for 90mins) Harry Wilson has to prove he’s a £12m player.. not forgetting the Fulham lads who still might have an eye on a move away!

The pressure is on the better side though. Mitrovic has been one of, if not the best striker in the last 18 months he's spent in this division with Fulham (plus it will be the defenders, not the midfielders dealing with him). Wilson doesn't need to be a £12m player, Fulham just need to allow him to play and do his thing and we need to make sure we don't give away daft direct free kick opportunities.

Realistically comparing the two sides on paper, there's only one winner. The only player I've seen linked with a move away has been Anguissa but they've got plenty in reserve even if he goes. Carvalho hasn't yet signed a new contract either but it's early days for that and they won't be selling him, this will be his breakthrough season and the signs are very good for him. God help Jonny Howson this afternoon against him.

Speaking of free hits, this season kind of feels like a free hit to me. 

Last season was a really tough one for me. Everyone knows I'm not a far of our manager or the way he constructs our squads - I very much it as a temporary fix with no real end in sight. However, the signing of Scott and payero has filled me with hope that there is a long term plan, so I'm going to find it much easier to get behind the team and the manager this year. 

If we mount a promotion challenge, great. If not, this is the segue season into a new Boro so I'm just going to enjoy it as much as I can.

Up the Boro!

• Like 8
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Speaking of free hits, this season kind of feels like a free hit to me. 

Last season was a really tough one for me. Everyone knows I'm not a far of our manager or the way he constructs our squads - I very much it as a temporary fix with no real end in sight. However, the signing of Scott and payero has filled me with hope that there is a long term plan, so I'm going to find it much easier to get behind the team and the manager this year. 

If we mount a promotion challenge, great. If not, this is the segue season into a new Boro so I'm just going to enjoy it as much as I can.

Up the Boro!

Pretty much exactly my thoughts at this point in time. Still plenty to prove from behind the scenes but publicly the signs are as good as we can possibly expect.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)