oneBoro Forum

Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)

Much better since Jones came on. An underserved point up until that point but we finished the stronger with Jones growing in confidence and influence. We also saw the best and worst of Tav, hopefully he gets his feet sorted out as he gets match fit. Speaking of match fit what a performance from Bola considering no pre season.

Have to be happy with an away point, with what had looked very laboured and turgid eventually ending up with slick movement and a bit of pace. For a young lad wearing a mask to be as composed and confident as he was considering his injury that was impressive, especially the way he spotted and slotted the ball through to Bola for the equaliser.

Plenty of work to do but I know which Manager will be the happier.

• Like 1
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me Ikpeazu over Britt anyday.

Neil Bausor misunderstood Warnock's instructions to "Go get a Brazilian"  

First game of the season. Sunday lunchtime kick off. London. Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad. Great point. Welcome to the Championship Marco

Posted Images

First game of the season.

Sunday lunchtime kick off.

London.

Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad.

Great point.

Welcome to the Championship Marco!

#UTFB

• Like 10
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yeah, they were rocked by our equaliser, no doubt about it.

yep, their heads dropped they knew it was their game and blew it. says a lot about the weak character of their team. i'd be worried the way that game ended if i was fulham. 

• Like 2

Great end to the game showed when we bring wingers on with pace we are a match for anyone. Class result against the promotion favourites with us still having a half baked squad. Jones did very well and the impact of Tav was clear to see. Looking forward to Payero playing against Blackpool 

• Like 1

Performances not essential for me atm until the transfer window closes. We need a winger and another striker as I can't see where the goals are going to come from over the duration of the season.

Every single Boro fan would of snapped your hand off for a point, so it's a excellent start.

Howson's pressing was really good 2nd half.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

First game of the season.

Sunday lunchtime kick off.

London.

Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad.

Great point.

Welcome to the Championship Marco!

#UTFB

You missed out the ref who hates us. 🙃

Really pleased with the point, but actually slightly disappointed we didn't nick it at the end (yes, I'm gready!). 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

For the people saying undeserved point, that was all us last 20 minutes. First 70 no doubt it was Fulham’s game but they were lucky to get away with a point in the end 

Actually they had chances on the break too.

Fulham also had a decent penalty shout turned down. Kind of amazed Stroud didn't give it, but could have been on another day.

Either side could have won it and I reckon a draw was a fair result.

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Would we? Honestly I thought that looked like quite a few games of ours last season.  Didn’t play much football but stayed in the game and nicked something 🤷‍♂️

I meant second half of the season. I thought we were a bit weak when we were peppered with attacks. 

• Like 1

Think we deserved that and honestly once we scored there only looked like one team going on to win it. 

Tav grew into the second half, Izzy Jones was electric on the left and Bola took his goal very well. 

Final 10/15 minutes was all round great play and Howson went from being totally anonymous to controlling the middle of the field. 

Make no mistake that is a great point vs a team I still fancy to tear plenty of teams to pieces this year. We defended well and severely limited their "good" opportunities.

Still look obviously short up top but the difference in play when Tav, Jones & Spence were on was night and day.

• Like 2

I think our biggest downfall in an other wise promising performance was delivery on set pieces.  I thought 1st half we lacked pace and creativity, once Tav and Jones came on it changed things and made us more of a threat. I think 1-1 was a fair result.  Warnock will be the happier of the two managers this afternoon with that result and performance.

Tav is bloody brilliant! Yeah he missed a decent chance to win it… But the impetus and drive that he gives us is massive. Need to keep him fit for a full season. Jones looked a bit nervy initially but again having a player on the pitch who has the pace and ability to go at a player made a big difference. 

We were absolutely awful for 75 mins but that was a really positive last 10/15 mins.

On the new signings…

Lumley - did okay to be fair. Few dodgy moments but on the whole, not a bad performance

Ikpeazu - caused problems with his physicality which is what he is there to do but he is incredibly slow and his touch isn’t the best. Think he will cause problems if we can get the likes of Tav, Watmore, Payero closer to him. 

Crooks - very early days but on first impressions I can see what he offers. Poor with the ball at his feet, slow and, despite him being tall, wins very little in the air. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)