oneBoro Forum

Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

For the people saying undeserved point, that was all us last 20 minutes. First 70 no doubt it was Fulham’s game but they were lucky to get away with a point in the end 

And to be fair, it's not like Fulham created a huge amount during the game. More than us for sure but we stayed in the game and I think we deserved to. It was an individual mistake really that let them in for their goal, probably the first real one in the game. And we get the goal similarly from their first real error when they let Tav in from the right side.

Watching the goal, really great touch and finish from Bola. The best smile on Teesside is back.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me Ikpeazu over Britt anyday.

Neil Bausor misunderstood Warnock's instructions to "Go get a Brazilian"  

First game of the season. Sunday lunchtime kick off. London. Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad. Great point. Welcome to the Championship Marco

Posted Images

I swear some of the doom merchants on here would have been happier to see us lose. Hung on in against the promotion favourites at home and could have knicked  it in the end.

Still likely a couple of additions and Payero alongside a fit Tav ..... We might just have a team!!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Performances not essential for me atm until the transfer window closes. We need a winger and another striker as I can't see where the goals are going to come from over the duration of the season.

Every single Boro fan would of snapped your hand off for a point, so it's a excellent start.

Howson's pressing was really good 2nd half.

It was really good that one time near the end where he won the ball.  Other than that, he did bugger all, as per usual.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Tav is bloody brilliant! Yeah he missed a decent chance to win it… But the impetus and drive that he gives us is massive. Need to keep him fit for a full season. Jones looked a bit nervy initially but again having a player on the pitch who has the pace and ability to go at a player made a big difference. 

We were absolutely awful for 75 mins but that was a really positive last 10/15 mins.

On the new signings…

Lumley - did okay to be fair. Few dodgy moments but on the whole, not a bad performance

Ikpeazu - caused problems with his physicality which is what he is there to do but he is incredibly slow and his touch isn’t the best. Think he will cause problems if we can get the likes of Tav, Watmore, Payero closer to him. 

Crooks - very early days but on first impressions I can see what he offers. Poor with the ball at his feet, slow and, despite him being tall, wins very little in the air. 

Think it's very harsh to judge Crooks too much, played quite wide right first half and then alone up top second, neither of which are strengths. He can play up top but he's usually used as a 2nd striker rather than the focal point. 

Think if you see him in his more natural 8 or 10 positions you'll see what he can do.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Boro 86 said:

I swear some of the doom merchants on here would have been happier to see us lose. Hung on in against the promotion favourites at home and could have knicked  it in the end.

Still likely a couple of additions and Payero alongside a fit Tav ..... We might just have a team!!

Haven't really noticed anyone being overly negative today, other than pointing out things that were obviously poor

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Where was all that energy, pressure, creativity that we just showed in the last 10 in the rest of the game?!

We could've knicked that at the end! Bit of confidence and they totally turned around.

Warnock got his starting lineup wrong, thats all. 😉

Same thing we saw last season in a lot of games. Absolute turgid dross for the first hour or so, then we bring subs on with a bit of pace and creativity and we look a completely different team. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Think it's very harsh to judge Crooks too much, played quite wide right first half and then alone up top second, neither of which are strengths. He can play up top but he's usually used as a 2nd striker rather than the focal point. 

Think if you see him in his more natural 8 or 10 positions you'll see what he can do.

Yeah I agree that the wing is not his position. I just struggled to see what his attributes are. Hard working?

Just now, Brunners said:

Whatever else everyone thinks, figuring out how to set the team up so as to get the attacking players into the game more, and into positions where they are most comfortable, is going to be critical.  

• Like 5
Just now, J.T. said:

Yeah I agree that the wing is not his position. I just struggled to see what his attributes are. Hard working?

I don't think it's fair on him, really. There was a moment in the first half when he had the ball at his feet and sent Robinson for a hot dog twice.

Otherwise, he was just having the ball pinged up to him. Get him in the middle alongside Payero, drop Howson, get Tav where Crooks was playing, and we would look entirely different.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)