oneBoro Forum

Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)

1 minute ago, White Band said:

Sol Bamba looks like a young pup according to Warnock.  That signing is going to happen, isn't it?

He said he was going to play today if Hall hadn't been able to.  They'd have rushed the signing through apparently.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me Ikpeazu over Britt anyday.

Neil Bausor misunderstood Warnock's instructions to "Go get a Brazilian"  

First game of the season. Sunday lunchtime kick off. London. Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad. Great point. Welcome to the Championship Marco

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It was really good that one time near the end where he won the ball.  Other than that, he did bugger all, as per usual.

Your hatred for Howson is up there with mine for Spence.

2nd half Howson was decent.

What are you expecting of him? 30yard screamers.... Reminds me so much of the Leadbitter argument

• Like 3

If you have players with pace in the side your always going to cause problems for the opposition, Jones getting brought down in the last minute prime example. We haven't started with a defeat which is a good thing and this Fulham side when they get into their stride will take some beating so we've got to be happy.

• Like 1

Thought we started off well enough first 10 minutes but it took Jones coming on for us to wake up. 
Paddy was very quiet, not sure what position he was supposed to be playing. Howson was also nowhere to be seen for the majority of the match.

Morsy did his usual breaking up role but didn’t have the support around him. 
Crooks did OK.

Watmore didn’t play close enough to Ikpeazu imo.

We still haven’t sorted out a way to stop an opposition CB from coming out with the ball, into our half and then picking a pass as he enters our final third. 

Ikpeazu was immense first half in his duels, with a bit more support he’ll prove his worth. 
Jones looked handy when he came on.

Tav seemed too keen to impress and fluffed his lines a little, albeit one of those led to Jones getting the ball through to Bola.

Lumley looks a lummox and a liability on crosses and with the ball to feet, just hope it was nerves.

All in all happy but we still need a few players to compete Every week with the Fulhams of the league 

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Your hatred for Howson is up there with mine for Spence.

2nd half Howson was decent.

What are you expecting of him? 30yard screamers.... Reminds me so much of the Leadbitter argument

He did nothing for most of the game, hence every bugger on here seemed to be asking for him to be subbed.  He won a ball late in the second half, and that means he played well apparently.  What else did he do?  Seriously I'm asking?  Go through the good things he did today, it shouldn't be difficult if he was really good as you said earlier. 

Worst passing accuracy of the day goes to....Howson.  Even worse than Lumley's, which is pretty difficult to do.  Well played though Jonny 👍

All he ever needs to do is one decent bit of play and the 90 other minutes of doing nothing is forgiven it seems.  Over and over again.  I guess that's the value of experience.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Onme'eadson said:

Lumley looked good until it *** down.

Lumley looked okay, but I'm not sure he's better than Stojanovic.  Really wish Warnock wasn't so against Stoj.  I think we would have had more points last season with him in goal.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, newyddion said:

ARE YOU WATCHING RODRIGO MUNIZ.. YOU ABSOLUTE WASTER!! - enjoy the soft boys and your choke artist of a manager x

I could warm to you and this level of bitterness 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I don't think it's fair on him, really. There was a moment in the first half when he had the ball at his feet and sent Robinson for a hot dog twice.

Otherwise, he was just having the ball pinged up to him. Get him in the middle alongside Payero, drop Howson, get Tav where Crooks was playing, and we would look entirely different.

Yeah you’re right… it probably is unfair to judge him on that. Just trying to look for potential strengths that he showed that would lend themselves to playing in the centre and I couldn’t really see many. 

He’s a big lad but won very few headers. Looked very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, that one moment you mentioned in your previous post aside, which he actually ended by crossing straight into the keepers arms from a good position. And he looked a bit one paced and sluggish. 

To his credit though, he did work hard in a position he was probably uncomfortable in. And I think, from what I’ve heard of him, his main strength is arriving late in the box which he couldn’t really do in the positions he was asked to play today. Fingers crossed we get in some decent wide players so that we get to see him in his proper position. 

Thats a great point today although I felt it highlighted our limitations right now going forward. We were pretty solid defensively and I feel with a bit more quality up front we could easily nicked it today as defensively Fulham looked vulnerable. 

Jones looked very good when he came on and was quite mature with his decision making in both getting the assist and the free kick late on. 

A point away from home at the promotion favourites is a rather good start to the season. 

• Like 2

I doubt we'll have a tougher test this season than Fulham away. Their squad oozes attacking talent so coming away with a draw is brilliant. As our players get fitter and the strength in depth arrives, we should get better and better.

Still can't understand bringing on Spence over Payero or Jones in first instance, though. Would love to see what Ikpeazu would do with Tav and Jones either side of him.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)