oneBoro Forum

Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)

11 minutes ago, edinboro said:

My thoughts now sitting in hotel in Waterloo:

My son had the day of his life, lost his voice, started a chant, and really enjoyed himself. Job done.

The subs changed the game. I would have taken Bola off as he was knackered. Shows what I know.

We are only going to get better. But we kept Mitro quiet which bodes well.

Why do Fulham fans even go to the game? They are so passive. Weird.

Cannot wait for Wednesday where hopefully Payero and a few kids get to start our cup run.

Day in London tomorrow. Exhausted now.

Thanks Boro.

Warnock said he was only meant to play 55 minutes but didn't want to take him off!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me Ikpeazu over Britt anyday.

Neil Bausor misunderstood Warnock's instructions to "Go get a Brazilian"  

First game of the season. Sunday lunchtime kick off. London. Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad. Great point. Welcome to the Championship Marco

Posted Images

Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Good result. The Fulham fans today have to be the worst set of fans I've ever seen live. 18 months away from football and I think I heard them chant once. Anyway, felt good to be back. Utfb

they have to use clappers to make any sort of noise whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Bring on Feb 12th! 

Looking forward to seeing Rodrigo Muniz head in hands weeping a little as he realises what an absolute little tosser he’s been.

Has he actually signed for them yet?  I think they'd be better off buying a decent defender or defensive midfielder maybe.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Has he actually signed for them yet?  I think they'd be better off buying a decent defender or defensive midfielder maybe.

Harrison reed will be the best defensive midfielder in the championship, missed out due to a knock today. 

Last time i was in England with 3 fellow Danish Boro supporters.. One of our selected games v Forest was postponed, so we went to Saint James park as neutrals to see Newcastle v Burnley .. 
The stadium was full, but the only noise in there was spread out moaning .. and then you could hear the few hundred traveling Burnley fans .. 

What a shitty atmosphere that was .. No singing, no cheering .. No banter .. except from the Burnley fans singing "This is the library" ... 

Sounded like Fulham supporters are almost as dull as the Geordies 😛

• Like 1

Mitrovic is selfish and a bit of a thug, but if he played for your team, you'd be gutted if he wasn't in the starting lineup. Though I agree he did precious little today to show why - taking nothing away from some good defensive work against him.

3 minutes ago, newyddion said:

I though Grant Hall handled him well. Would have liked to have seen some Morsy voodoo magic put on him!

With Keith Stroud as today's ref, I think Morsy was probably keeping himself in check slightly, to avoid an early bath. Ironically, Mitrovic should have been in the bath after 12 seconds - he looked before he elbowed.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

So nice to be back in that away end today. Lost my voice as I’m sure many others have! Sang loud and proud for basically full 90minutes. Borderline emotional tbh. Such a good feeling❤️

Exactly how I felt today being there

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

That was an emotionally exhausting day. So good getting back to so much positivity on the forum, no matter how long it lasts, and I'm glad to have shared what was a genuinely special game with everyone who went. Will remember those limbs forever, utfb

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I thought Howson and Morsy were played the wrong way round - Howson sitting and Morsy chasing and harrying. Howson was poor up until Morsy went off, then played better with that extra room in front of him. Morsy tried his heart out but got into poor positions far too often which resulted in the fouls.

For me Morsy is the best holding midfielder we have and looks really good from the edge of our box to halfway, especially when Howson is not playing. Howson plays better slightly higher up the field.

Crooks will probably be a better option in CM playing infront of Morsy, but understand why he was asked to play wide right against Fulham, although it didn't work.

It is going to be interesting to see how we set up when Howson, Morsy, Crooks, Payero,  McNair and Tav are all available.  

5 hours ago, SA Red said:

I thought Howson and Morsy were played the wrong way round - Howson sitting and Morsy chasing and harrying. Howson was poor up until Morsy went off, then played better with that extra room in front of him. Morsy tried his heart out but got into poor positions far too often which resulted in the fouls.

For me Morsy is the best holding midfielder we have and looks really good from the edge of our box to halfway, especially when Howson is not playing. Howson plays better slightly higher up the field.

Crooks will probably be a better option in CM playing infront of Morsy, but understand why he was asked to play wide right against Fulham, although it didn't work.

It is going to be interesting to see how we set up when Howson, Morsy, Crooks, Payero,  McNair and Tav are all available.  

I've been screaming this since Morsy came in. He has very rarely been played in the holding role. Warnock seems to like him roaming about destroying. Problem is when he does win the ball high up, which doesn't seem that often to me, he struggles to do much with it.

Edited by Humpty
  • Like 3

I'm not passing comment on this game as i wasn't able to watch but i find it a bit strange Crooks was put up front when we've got Coburn on the bench. Appreciate he's a young lad and all but square pegs in round holes never gets you anywhere.