•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me Ikpeazu over Britt anyday.

Neil Bausor misunderstood Warnock's instructions to "Go get a Brazilian"  

First game of the season. Sunday lunchtime kick off. London. Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad. Great point. Welcome to the Championship Marco

Posted Images

It was Fulham away in the season opener for us ... Not the easiest game for Uche and Crooks to make their debut in ... 

They will be playing totally different, when we play Weaker teams at home .. 

We will be fine, don't worry, friends ... Just look at how calm I am 😎

Happy Feel Good GIF

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

To be fair I thought Howson was largely anonymous for 80 minutes of the game and even when he got better in the last 10, it was still him who passed it straight out of play when we were pressuring towards the end.

That was incredibly frustrating.

The kind of mistake you wouldn't see in a Premier League game.

3 minutes ago, newyddion said:

Crookes isn’t a winger or a forward, he gets down and dirty, he drives forward and puts himself about a bit. He’s like a taller, stronger Morsy.. more useful in the air.. less useful with the ball on the deck.

Literally backwards. He's known for being good driving the ball with his feet and is notoriously poor in the air for someone of his stature.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Warnock isn’t against Stojanovic at all for me. The lad wants to be away and Warnock doesn’t want to keep an unhappy player, which is fair enough. He wants to be first choice given his international ambitions and had a good spell on loan. I liked Stojanovic personally, apart from his tendency to punch rather than catch. 

As for Lumley, he was a bit curates egg today. He is tall and comes to catch, which is good, but the way he palmed Wilsons first half shot into a danger area was a worry. When the rain was teeming down he looked nervy and ill at ease. Hopefully he settles down. He does seem to be a keeper that will need defenders to be on their toes, but it is far to early to judge really.

I think we will have to agree to disagree with regards to Stojanovic.  He was making good progress before Warnock came in and made it clear that he wouldn't be playing because his English wasn't fluent enough.  

If I had been offered a point before the game, I would have been glad to take it, so satisfied with result. For the most part, we did OK against a team that would probably be valued at ten times more than our squad. Nobody had a shocker and it looked like we got through without injuries. Uche did his job, Lumley was OK, Jones was a breath of fresh air. The net few games will tell us more and expect to see NW use cup game to give some others a runout. Looking forward to Saturday 🙂 

• Like 1

Btw I like paddy and he generally has an ok delivery but we have to get payero on set pieces asap. To not great a decent chance from all of those free kicks we had around the box/corners when we've got nearly half a team of giants in the box is borderline criminal. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

I think NW should have a wee word into Morsy's shell like ear along the lines of walking between fine lines with his fouls.

Find this aspect of his play very frustrating

Agreed. I really like morsy, but he was lucky today. Probably should have been a penalty and there was a foul later on where if he connected with the player he could have got a red

• Like 1

I think we looked very clunky in a 433 but when we shifted to a 4231 with actual wingers and pace so we could stretch the play we looked so much better, I hope Warnock goes with a lot more going on from here.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Btw I like paddy and he generally has an ok delivery but we have to get payero on set pieces asap. To not great a decent chance from all of those free kicks we had around the box/corners when we've got nearly half a team of giants in the box is borderline criminal. 

Agree even if he is not on the pitch, take Paddy off put Payero on for just the kick and then switch back afterwards😉

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I think NW should have a wee word into Morsy's shell like ear along the lines of walking between fine lines with his fouls.

Find this aspect of his play very frustrating

I agree, but I get the impression that is one of the things Warnock likes about Morsy.

2 minutes ago, White Band said:

I agree, but I get the impression that is one of the things Warnock likes about Morsy.

We all know that Morsy is not that type of lucky plyer to get away with it.

Some of his tackling/fouling was cringeworthy and tbh I prefer keeping 10 outfield players on the pitch

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

We all know that Morsy is not that type of lucky plyer to get away with it.

Some of his tackling/fouling was cringeworthy and tbh I prefer keeping 10 outfield players on the pitch

I know. The refs really watch him because of it, which makes it even more likely he will get a red.  However, my impression is that Warnock tends to see it as bravery rather than a liability. 

1 minute ago, White Band said:

I know. The refs really watch him because of it, which makes it even more likely he will get a red.  However, my impression is that Warnock tends to see it as bravery rather than a liability. 

Well the whole forum knows that NW often sees things far differently than the forum😄

• Like 1