oneBoro Forum

Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)

48 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I've been screaming this since Morsy came in. He has very rarely been played in the holding role. Warnock seems to like him roaming about destroying. Problem is when he does win the ball high up, which doesn't seem that often to me, he struggles to do much with it.

Morsy is absolutely that classic destroyer type midfielder, I just disagree with Warnock that the best position for him to do that from is as an 8, rather than from a holding position in front of the back 4/5. I really hope Payero replaces Howson rather than Morsy when he plays his way into the team.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me Ikpeazu over Britt anyday.

Neil Bausor misunderstood Warnock's instructions to "Go get a Brazilian"  

First game of the season. Sunday lunchtime kick off. London. Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad. Great point. Welcome to the Championship Marco

Posted Images

There's a difference between protecting the back four like a Clayton and a destroyer that covers every blade of grass like Boateng. I'd prefer Morsey to sit in front of the back four, break up any attacks and give the ball to Payero rather than have him roaming about the pitch. It sounds like were on the same page though (i think)

We were sound defensively and apart from one header we kept the best striker in the league very quite. I don't even think he touched the ball in the first half. It was a defensive job well done, but my god we are awful going forward. At least until the last 10-15 minutes. We just have no pace, creativity or desire to attack at all. Really hope we can keep Tav fit and get someone to play alongside him, because we are incredibly predictable. 

Good goal by Bola though and he was certainly better as a wingback than Dijksteel. I mean Dijk is sound defensively but he is by no means a wingback going forward. If we are going with three at the back I struggle to name a best starting 11, because you know Warnock is going to start with Crooks and Howson and probably Morsy, so that leaves only two in front. Personally I hope he sacrifices Howson to add a third attacker.

• Like 2

Djikesteel is a fantastic centre half in a three. I think he's great in that role and i think he does a very good job as a right back. I think the jury's out on him in most other roles.

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We were sound defensively and apart from one header we kept the best striker in the league very quite. I don't even think he touched the ball in the first half. It was a defensive job well done, but my god we are awful going forward. At least until the last 10-15 minutes. We just have no pace, creativity or desire to attack at all. Really hope we can keep Tav fit and get someone to play alongside him, because we are incredibly predictable. 

Good goal by Bola though and he was certainly better as a wingback than Dijksteel. I mean Dijk is sound defensively but he is by no means a wingback going forward. If we are going with three at the back I struggle to name a best starting 11, because you know Warnock is going to start with Crooks and Howson and probably Morsy, so that leaves only two in front. Personally I hope he sacrifices Howson to add a third attacker.

I feel like our tactics were down to playing the preseason promotion favourites away from home, fingers crossed we wont start the next game with quite as many holding midfielders. We need players running off of Uche to really see his effectiveness, Crooks is described as the type of midfielder who likes to make late runs into the box so I'd like to see Tav and Crooks/Payero as 8s and moves to a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

Crooks didn't have a great game but was started out of his favoured position so willing to give him a few games before I make a judgement.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Humpty said:

There's a difference between protecting the back four like a Clayton and a destroyer that covers every blade of grass like Boateng. I'd prefer Morsey to sit in front of the back four, break up any attacks and give the ball to Payero rather than have him roaming about the pitch. It sounds like were on the same page though (i think)

Yeah we're agreeing. Morsy can be what Clayton was for us, which is unglamorous, but essential. As much as I don't think he is in our best starting XI, if Howson has to be there we actually have to utilise his reasonable ability getting forwards, which Morsy does not have.

• Like 2

On morsys position..  maybe Warnock just wants him far away from the penalty box. The one time he was really in that deep lying role he should have given away a penalty. The man is a liability and will cost us point this season. 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

On morsys position..  maybe Warnock just wants him far away from the penalty box. The one time he was really in that deep lying role he should have given away a penalty. The man is a liability and will cost us point this season. 

If it's just the one then that's probably not too much of a worry 😉

• Haha 2

I don't think Morsy is much different to Clayton in that sense NB4, that type of player lives on the edge and occasionally will make the wrong decision and cost you a point. If he plays there for a full season vs Howson I think he'd save far more points than he costs us.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Payero said:

I think matt crooks is going to turn out a real bargain 

I really couldnt get over the size of both him and Ikpeazu. Now with those two and Fry we have some serious aerial threat for set pieces. 

I would hate to play against Ikpeazu, such a battler. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I really couldnt get over the size of both him and Ikpeazu. Now with those two and Fry we have some serious aerial threat for set pieces. 

I would hate to play against Ikpeazu, such a battler. 

I think Hall is a greater threat at set pieces than Fry plus I'd rather have Paddy in the mix than taking Free Kicks. Surely Morsy or Howson or even Bola could take them just as effectively?

10 minutes ago, Will said:

I don't think Morsy is much different to Clayton in that sense NB4, that type of player lives on the edge and occasionally will make the wrong decision and cost you a point. If he plays there for a full season vs Howson I think he'd save far more points than he costs us.

I just don't see what others do in him tbh. Clayton was a good footballer as well as a destroyer (at least for a few years). I liken morsy more to a Nicky bailey, when he was playing in that role for us. That said, I think he'd do a better job than howson there. But then so would Nicky bailey!

how do we get payero, tav, crooks in th same lineup? payero is a number 8 isnt he. tav i prefer in the middle. if not there deffo needs to be right of the front 3. but crooks looks unsuited to playing wide in a 3 after watching that game yesterday.

watmore uche tav

paddy morsy payero----------

i personally think i'd like mosy in the middle deeper with paddy and payero either side giving us a more dynamic middle. leave watmore stay closer to uche, tav can drop deeper to get more involved. we'd have a lot more possession with that. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

how do we get payero, tav, crooks in th same lineup? payero is a number 8 isnt he. tav i prefer in the middle. if not there deffo needs to be right of the front 3. but crooks looks unsuited to playing wide in a 3 after watching that game yesterday.

watmore uche tav

paddy morsy payero----------

i personally think i'd like mosy in the middle deeper with paddy and payero either side giving us a more dynamic middle. leave watmore stay closer to uche, tav can drop deeper to get more involved. we'd have a lot more possession with that. 

Crooks is going to play. He's big and right up Warnocks alley. I thought he was very bad and exactly what i feared he would be. So conceding that he will play I hope for

Crooks-Paddy-Payero

Tav-New striker-New LW

• Like 1