oneBoro Forum

Fulham V Boro 1-1 (Bola)

On 8/8/2021 at 4:55 PM, Downsouth said:

I think NW should have a wee word into Morsy's shell like ear along the lines of walking between fine lines with his fouls.

Find this aspect of his play very frustrating

The number of times we see player push opposition players in the back or otherwise (hardly) touch them is frustrating as we know any touch and they're going down and "winning" a free kick.

Another pet hate of mine is poor throw ins. How many times do we see possession given away after a poor throw in, it's frustrating and something that should IMO be tightened up.

• Like 1
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give me Ikpeazu over Britt anyday.

Neil Bausor misunderstood Warnock's instructions to "Go get a Brazilian"  

First game of the season. Sunday lunchtime kick off. London. Against favourites for the league and with arguably the best squad. Great point. Welcome to the Championship Marco

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, he wasn't, and as a result of not being a massive handful, he was hooked after 55 mins.  People are mistaking him battling for a ball with being a handful.  He was another who did next to nothing yesterday, which is one of the reasons we barely had a functioning attack until well after he'd been subbed.  Look at his stats, they are awful for any type of player.  He lost the ball more than any other player on the pitch for either side yesterday relative to the amount of touches he had.  Only the fact that super Jonny Howson had a lot more of the ball saves him from being the overall worst I think, but it's a close run thing.  He didn't hold the ball up, he didn't link play, he didn't give us someone to play off, or a platform to build on.  He did absolutely nothing that you'd want from a big target man, nothing. 

Are people really going to be happy cos he puts himself about a bit even if the end result is nothing happens?  He gives away as many freekicks as he wins, he loses more headers than he wins, he loses the ball a lot for a bloke whose game is supposed to be about being able to maintain possession.  We'd have had a better chance of winning that game yesterday with Fletcher up front, and I don't think it's even a close thing to be honest.  I wouldn't solely place the blame on him for it as we all know how we play, but he has been brought in to do a specific job, and yesterday he failed completely to do it.  A massive handful?  He caused us more problems than he caused them.

Thank God, I've been agreeing with you far too much lately, I needed one of these, normal service is resumed!

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, he wasn't, and as a result of not being a massive handful, he was hooked after 55 mins.  People are mistaking him battling for a ball with being a handful.  He was another who did next to nothing yesterday, which is one of the reasons we barely had a functioning attack until well after he'd been subbed.  Look at his stats, they are awful for any type of player.  He lost the ball more than any other player on the pitch for either side yesterday relative to the amount of touches he had.  Only the fact that super Jonny Howson had a lot more of the ball saves him from being the overall worst I think, but it's a close run thing.  He didn't hold the ball up, he didn't link play, he didn't give us someone to play off, or a platform to build on.  He did absolutely nothing that you'd want from a big target man, nothing. 

Are people really going to be happy cos he puts himself about a bit even if the end result is nothing happens?  He gives away as many freekicks as he wins, he loses more headers than he wins, he loses the ball a lot for a bloke whose game is supposed to be about being able to maintain possession.  We'd have had a better chance of winning that game yesterday with Fletcher up front, and I don't think it's even a close thing to be honest.  I wouldn't solely place the blame on him for it as we all know how we play, but he has been brought in to do a specific job, and yesterday he failed completely to do it.  A massive handful?  He caused us more problems than he caused them.

He's played one league game for us mate. Lets give him a bit of time

42 minutes ago, Woof Woof said:

The number of times we see player push opposition players in the back or otherwise (hardly) touch them is frustrating as we know any touch and they're going down and "winning" a free kick.

Another pet hate of mine is poor throw ins. How many times do we see possession given away after a poor throw in, it's frustrating and something that should IMO be tightened up.

Mention this on a game by game basis, we are, to coin a phrase "bloody awful"

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

He's played one league game for us mate. Lets give him a bit of time

And that's the only game I was commenting on.  You said he was a massive handful yesterday, and he wasn't, simple as that really 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

And that's the only game I was commenting on.  You said he was a massive handful yesterday, and he wasn't, simple as that really 🤷‍♂️

Have to agree that he made little or no impact on the game, in fact he went over far to easily for such a brute!

Get on with it drive through the middle and cause problems!

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Thank God, I've been agreeing with you far too much lately, I needed one of these, normal service is resumed!

Which bits did you disagree with?  He was taken off after 55 mins, I assume you at least agree with that bit?  Do you think he was removed because he was playing too well and Warnock wanted to give Fulham more of a chance?  Stats don't lie, although I know people try to make them when it suits, but he was rubbish yesterday, gave the ball away a lot, and was barely able to bring anyone into the game at any point, hence he was taken off.  55% passing accuracy tells you he wasn't able to link play very well, lost the ball 8 times through bad touches or just losing it, more than anyone else on the park.  Won 4 headers, lost 5, and the only 'shot' I can remember him having was a header from the edge of the area that must have gone 20 yards wide?  What did he do well in your opinion?

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

you are very hard work sometimes pal lol

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Which bits did you disagree with?  He was taken off after 55 mins, I assume you at least agree with that bit?  Do you think he was removed because he was playing too well and Warnock wanted to give Fulham more of a chance?  Stats don't lie, although I know people try to make them when it suits, but he was rubbish yesterday, gave the ball away a lot, and was barely able to bring anyone into the game at any point, hence he was taken off.  55% passing accuracy tells you he wasn't able to link play very well, lost the ball 8 times through bad touches or just losing it, more than anyone else on the park.  Won 4 headers, lost 5, and the only 'shot' I can remember him having was a header from the edge of the area that must have gone 20 yards wide?  What did he do well in your opinion?

It's difficult to link play well when your nearest teammates are three time zones away. 

Just now, nunthorpered said:

you are very hard work sometimes pal lol

I don't really see why?  I just replied to your comment about the game yesterday that's all?  The lad was rubbish yesterday, I'm not bothered how much he wrestles with defenders if the end result is that we don't have the ball then what does it matter?  The fact that he puts himself about only matters if something comes from it surely?  I mean, I'm certain he'll have better games than he did, he just didn't have a good one yesterday 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It's difficult to link play well when your nearest teammates are three time zones away. 

I agree with that, and I think I said something along those lines yesterday.  But he also didn't play well himself, what's the issue with saying it?  He'll have better games no doubt, but he was poor yesterday.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Glad I’m not the only one who saw him like that yesterday. I sat there watching him thinking to myself that surely he only has to be second or third choice when the window shuts. Looked like a guy who traps the ball like a trampoline and is incredibly slow.