oneBoro Forum

England v India test series

4 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

What a great bowling display today, 1 wicket left to get, but potentially getting India out for less than 100 is incredible. 

Just hope we can capitalise when we go out to bat, although I can't help but feel our top order looks very weak.

Yeah - the worrying thing is England are perfectly capable of batting like that.

Think its a given our top order will get out cheaply. As usual will depend on Root and a couple of the middle order to get most of our runs. Be nice if the tail wags a bit too.

2 hours ago, BoroJake said:

Anybody feel like dropping Lawrence is a bit harsh? I think he clearly has a lot of talent. Can also bowl a few if needed

I think he can consider himself unlucky. I'd rather play him and Pope than go back to Malan (I don't think Malan is a bad player at all). I just think because the former 2 are likely to be around the England team for a long while, it makes sense to give them exposure as much as possible.

Well what a whirlwind of a few days.

For a change our top order turned up, Root once again showing excellent form by getting his 6th century this year. Towards the end of our innings I was starting to think we gave a few wickets away too cheaply (although the lead was 350+). 

Then India started incredibly well and continued that form all through yesterday. Those cheap wickets from us started to look like they could potentially cost us. Especially when India were 200+ for 2. But then a quite remarkable morning session sees us wrap the test up before lunch! 

Test series is on a knife edge now. Think we got fortunate with the weather in the first test as I think India were well on their way to beating us.