oneBoro Forum

New Members Come and Say Hi!

Hi all,

New to here but have watched from the shadows analysing you all for a while 👀

Here to talk footy, have zero interest in politics, Brexit etc.

Love my nfl and fishing too 👍 

• Like 4
  • Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone. Norwegian Boro supporter since 1995 checking in 👋  Been reading this forum for quite a while, but decided to register, having some questions about my upcoming Teesside trip in 3 week

Back from the depths of the bad mental health cave, you might have forgotten who I am. 😂

You asked what my favourite was, not what I eat now? But for information because I am a pensioner with very few of my own teeth and a stomach problem, I don't eat them anymore. Doesn't mean to say I d

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, SussexBoro1981 said:

Hi all,

Welcome to the forum @SussexBoro1981

22 hours ago, SussexBoro1981 said:

Hi all,

Welcome SB we should suit you sir!

There are a few members from Sussex already

On 2/1/2024 at 9:15 AM, SussexBoro1981 said:

Hi all,

Welcome SussexBoro

Did you start going in 1981, or born? 

• 2 months later...

Hello all, 

Im from Northern Ireland and supported the mighty Boro since I can remember. Back then it was listening to the radio hoping to hear the score - or find it in a paper a day or 2 later. Never met another northern Irish Boro fan until I joined a footy team in Belfast about 10 years ago. They played in a red kit with a white band across it and later found out it was not a coincidence as the boss was a Boro fan. Another guy in the team had a brother who played for the Boro in early 90s.

Predict 7th for us this season and again kicking ourselves for an abject start to the season.

Given that the teams coming down for the 24/25 season are likely to be the weakest financially in the premier league , next year might be about the best chance we have to get promoted. 

Would love to see Greenwood stay as a summer priority. Get some of that Rogers money reinvested.

Jezza

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BallymenaBoroBoy said:

Hello all, 

Im from Northern Ireland and supported the mighty Boro since I can remember. Back then it was listening to the radio hoping to hear the score - or find it in a paper a day or 2 later. Never met another northern Irish Boro fan until I joined a footy team in Belfast about 10 years ago. They played in a red kit with a white band across it and later found out it was not a coincidence as the boss was a Boro fan. Another guy in the team had a brother who played for the Boro in early 90s.

Predict 7th for us this season and again kicking ourselves for an abject start to the season.

Given that the teams coming down for the 24/25 season are likely to be the weakest financially in the premier league , next year might be about the best chance we have to get promoted. 

Would love to see Greenwood stay as a summer priority. Get some of that Rogers money reinvested.

Jezza

Welcome BBB (like to abbreviate) to the forum and good to see you join.

We have many active forum members from your neck of the wood who I would imagine will make an effort to welocme you as well.

Please enjoy liaising with other like minded souls

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, BallymenaBoroBoy said:

Hello all, 

Jezza

Welcome aboard (apart from the desire to make Greenwood permanent). I think it's getting to a tipping point where there are more Danes and Irish on the board now than there are Teessiders, anyways, all are very welcome from far and wide!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, BallymenaBoroBoy said:

Ha - don’t you rate him? He will be a top player in a year or two - bit ragged sometimes with his set piece but would be a good investment.

Haven't seen enough of it yet from him and certainly haven't seen any consistency. Tarmo Kink for example had a great shot on him but offered nothing else and at this stage to me he looks to be a similar beast, not in playing style but just a bit of a one trick pony that we hope is going to deliver but never does. Adam Reach was another who had "something" but was no more than competent at this level and I'd put Reach far ahead of Greenwood in his overall contribution from what I have seen.

For £1.5M at this level we could bring in Players who would be more effective for us plus his wage expectations would be a massive consideration. There is no way he should be our highest paid player, there are at least 15 players in our squad I'd consider more important and valuable to us in terms of wages hence my desire to pass on him. His potential may one day be achieved but I'd rather buy two cheaper gambles at half the wages for the pair of them.

If he is the great player he is mooted by many to be then it's about time he started to influence games and started pulling a few strings and getting MOM awards. I'm not sure he knows what his best attributes are yet and I'm not sure that a succession of different Clubs and Managers including Carrick do either and on that basis it's a big no from me.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 12:08 AM, BallymenaBoroBoy said:

Ha - don’t you rate him? He will be a top player in a year or two - bit ragged sometimes with his set piece but would be a good investment.

I actually think Michael Carrick likes Greenwood & maybe thinks if he were to be a permanent signing then he could become an inportant player for us, IMO, noone looked like a fish out of water more than Rogers did until he started scoring in our early doors league cup games & look how he turned out 

• Like 1