oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0

Introduction

It's that time of the year again where I dust off my box of gifs and contribute my obligatory matchday thread before either losing or drawing and passing on the reigns to someone else. Surely we won't go on a winning streak from Wednesday...

No No No GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Only joking of course I want us to win! 

Wasn't it great to see football back in front of the fans on Sunday, hearing our amazing travelling support sing for 90 minutes was just amazing

proud kimmy gibbler GIF by Fuller House

It was also nice to see the typical bipolar response from our fans, following the result

Saturday Night Live Nbc GIF by HULU

I did notice, and was deeply concerned, that Neil Warnock's bumbag was not present at the match.

The Rock 80S GIF

We pray that its safe and returns in Wednesday night. 

Opponsition

Onto our opponants for this cup tie Blackpool, who returned to championship football after a few seasons in the wilderness with an injury time equaliser away at Bristol City. Their fans went wild..

donkey GIF

The last time we played Blackpool was back in 2015 where goals from Jonathan Woodgate and a late winner from Kike gave us a 2-1 victory. Oh what we'd give for a striker of Kike's ilk... or just any striker really..

pauper begging child GIF

Big Questions

Will we see our Argentinian saviour Payero get some playing time?

celebrate manu ginobili GIF by NBA

How much do we want to progress in this competition?

So What Lol GIF by Tennis TV

Will we see a lot of the youngsters get a chance...

raising arizona babies GIF

.. led by Sol Bamba?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

Will we see any signings before the match?

Maya Rudolph Idk GIF by Saturday Night Live

Meanwhile.. 

Footage has emerged of the 55th minute in the Fulham game of Marc Bola's interaction with Warnock ..

200.gif

Run Away The Office GIF

Score prediction

I think we may nick this one 2-1, I think at this stage of the season it's important to build as much momentum and confidence as possible.

Man Sliding GIF

Bear out!

Good Day Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction It's that time of the year again where I dust off my box of gifs and contribute my obligatory matchday thread before either losing or drawing and passing on the reigns to someone els

Was at the game, pretty abject all round. Lumley needs to settle and quickly, shaky. The young left back got absolutely roasted. Coburn?, looks a million miles short in terms of touch, awareness,

I wouldn't even let Tav get off the bus for this game, nevermind on the pitch. He's far too important to be used in this fixture. Save him for Bristol.

Posted Images

I hope we progress a few rounds. Always a good opportunity for som of the fringe players to stake a claim and players like Payero to get some valuable minutes. Would like Warnock to be a ambitious with his lineup and actually inject some pace with players like Jones and someone like Malley in midfield.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Carabao Cup away to a fellow Championship team.

Yeah, we'll play the kids and more than likely lose this.

Hopefully Payero will start, though.

I dunno. If we play the kids they might actually play proper football and win it. 😁

Would love to see how we do with Payero and Tav starting.

I'd say this is winnable even if we go with reserves / youth players...though with Boro anything is possible. Hoping for a lively, if scrappy game. Prediction: Blackpool 1 - 2 Boro.

Since I think we'll struggle to challenge for the play-offs, I wouldn't mind a cup run.

A good run out for fringe players and if we progress then same again. A bit of a shame considering it's our only Cup glory but our priority is promotion not distraction.

Had we been a comfortable middling Premiership side my views on the trophy would be entirely different and I'd be wanting a strong side and a win.

• Like 1

Personally speaking, given the lack of strength in depth at present, I think we should use it to get minutes into a mix of squad players. Top 6 and promotion has to be the target. I really am not fussed about a cup run where we just risk picking up injuries and more cards.

i would go with the following team at Bleakpool

………………..……………..Lumley…………………………..

Spence…………Wood……………Bamba…………Peltier

Tav………………Payero……………Malley………….Jones

…………………Watmore……..………Coburn………………

It is a bit lightweight but it gets match fitness into a few.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I hope their pitch is better than the last time we went to Bloomfield Road...

Also; I can never remember - are Carabao Cup games streamed by MFC or not?

They were last season, and it's a mid-week match that's not on TV so they surely should be this season too.

I hope.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0