oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0

14 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Agree with almost all of this, but I would start Bola. He's another player who could be significant for us but is currently short of match fitness. Him, Ikpeazu, Crooks, Payero and Jones all need as much playing time as they can get, so they'd be nailed-on starters for me. Ditto Bamba, if he's actually eligible to play for us - a wise old head among the kids would be really beneficial (our squad's average age must be pretty low these days?)

Needs match fitness but we also don't want him too shattered for Bristol... I'd rest Bola for this one personally. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction It's that time of the year again where I dust off my box of gifs and contribute my obligatory matchday thread before either losing or drawing and passing on the reigns to someone els

Was at the game, pretty abject all round. Lumley needs to settle and quickly, shaky. The young left back got absolutely roasted. Coburn?, looks a million miles short in terms of touch, awareness,

I wouldn't even let Tav get off the bus for this game, nevermind on the pitch. He's far too important to be used in this fixture. Save him for Bristol.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Needs match fitness but we also don't want him too shattered for Bristol... I'd rest Bola for this one personally. 

Aye, yesterday was a pretty intensive return to the pitch. Best off not pushing him in another competitive game too soon. Might be one of those to bring on if we're doing alright later in the game to get 20 minutes but given our lack of options there, I'd be preparing him for Bristol City.

• Like 1

I wonder if we sign a left back they will go straight into the team here. If Coulson is off, we may have one close, and it would be a good one to make a debut in. 

Otherwise we might play Jones as a wing back.

Either way, I think Bola should sit this one out.

I just want to see THE PHANTOM roam and scare the living daylight out of their defense! 

Lumley (for minutes)

Dijk, Bamba, Wood, Peltier
Crooks, Howson
Payero
Watmore, Uche, PHANTOM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I just want to see THE PHANTOM roam and scare the living daylight out of their defense! 

Lumley (for minutes)

Dijk, Bamba, Wood, Peltier
Crooks, Howson
Payero
Watmore, Uche, PHANTOM

Well we have had a few illusory footballers in the final 3rd these last 5 years, so the spectre of another shouldn’t be too startling for the fans

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

They were last season, and it's a mid-week match that's not on TV so they surely should be this season too.

I hope.

Was just about to come and ask this myself. Fingers crossed it's on, looking forward to watching Payero having an absolute stinker, scoring an own goal and getting sent off and everyone saying we wasted our money. Missing a good oneBoro meltdown.

Not overly fussed about this game beyond the ability to put fringe players into competitive games. Particularly these first couple of rounds in August whilst the transfer window is still open. Big one is on Saturday, I just want to get in the car and drive down the Riverside now!

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Was just about to come and ask this myself. Fingers crossed it's on, looking forward to watching Payero having an absolute stinker, scoring an own goal and getting sent off and everyone saying we wasted our money. Missing a good oneBoro meltdown.

Not overly fussed about this game beyond the ability to put fringe players into competitive games. Particularly these first couple of rounds in August whilst the transfer window is still open. Big one is on Saturday, I just want to get in the car and drive down the Riverside now!

Well you can if you wanted too but probably not much happening at the moment

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Well you can if you wanted too but probably not much happening at the moment

Who knows, I might be able to pass on a couple of tissues to Messi as he has his look round the Riverside. From tears of despair to tears of joy. 😎

• Haha 1

Maybe there isn't a live stream actually, still nothing on either Middlesbrough or Blackpool's sites.

Though it could be a matter of leaving it till the day to ensure maximum matchday tickets sold.

44 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Who on here is heading down to the game? It'll be my first time to Bloomfield Road, so which pubs nearby are away friendly? 

I'm heading there after a days rest - on way back from London now. Knackered so a day chilling tomorrow.

I've just seen that the EFL are preventing clubs from streaming these EFL cup games. So if not on sky is not streamed. Such a shame many of us can't see payero. Is backwards step by the EFL 

• Sad 2
  • Wow 1

I would try Daniels in goal, (keeper of the tournament last season) then he can quickly gel with the team. Lumley's had Pre Season, so lets have a look at what both players could provide.

A few of the others need to gain more match fitness and so playing time is essential.

Daniels

Peltier   Bamba   Wood

Spence  Malley  Morsy  Jones

Payero

Crooks     Watmore

• Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0