oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0

Early days, but we clearly still have not solved the pace and creativity out wide that has been lacking for years. Jones, Sivi et al will have moments but will lack consistency and that is what is needed in this league. Tonights team shows we lack strength in depth. I will be surprised if any of our strikers gets 12 goals or more for this reason. 

‘Parrero’ seemed to look good on set pieces, and will take time to settle, but there is a quality player in there and much more to come with better players around him. 

To get promoted I still believe we are 2 wingers short (maybe one to be capable to play as a central striker role, along with a CF to cover Uche (ideally improve on him) and a LB to cover CB.

I just worry still where the goals are coming from 🤔

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction It's that time of the year again where I dust off my box of gifs and contribute my obligatory matchday thread before either losing or drawing and passing on the reigns to someone els

Was at the game, pretty abject all round. Lumley needs to settle and quickly, shaky. The young left back got absolutely roasted. Coburn?, looks a million miles short in terms of touch, awareness,

I wouldn't even let Tav get off the bus for this game, nevermind on the pitch. He's far too important to be used in this fixture. Save him for Bristol.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Don't hold your breath for a better result. We do not pose a threat up front.

we wont do with spence and jones as our main threat wide. w really need senior players in those forward wide areas. the kids can come on as a sub. nw got what he wanted tonight. we are out.

30 minutes ago, LBP said:

No Tav and a poor attack becomes horrific 

Either we sign him some help or it's a long season ahead but we already knew that 

Without Tav the rest of the team is mid-table Championship at best. I keep saying it. We need to sign three attackers, two of which need to be top end Championship quality otherwise you can kiss goodbye a promotion push for playoffs.

No problem with squad players being used, the problem is how many have enhanced and built a reputation? Some will be pressed into first team action over the course of a 46 game season. Unless there is significant improvement we will be in danger of carrying some - and this we can’t afford.

The continuing lack of strikers worthy of such a name is embarrassing now. As a club we seem incapable of getting anyone half decent in.

It appears if you score one goal against us the likelihood is you should be on for a point - if not 3- such is the weakness and poor striking options we have on offer. Embarrassing.

Was at the game, pretty abject all round.

Lumley needs to settle and quickly, shaky. The young left back got absolutely roasted. Coburn?, looks a million miles short in terms of touch, awareness, physicality.

2 positives: Jones is really quick with good feet, bit raw but very promising.

Payero, given his circumstances, was excellent, looks and moves like a proper footballer and will be a big hit with the fans.

Biggest disappointment was the general lack of fight and aggression.

A mention for the fans, who were tremendous and deserved better.

• Like 9
  • Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0