• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction It's that time of the year again where I dust off my box of gifs and contribute my obligatory matchday thread before either losing or drawing and passing on the reigns to someone els

Was at the game, pretty abject all round. Lumley needs to settle and quickly, shaky. The young left back got absolutely roasted. Coburn?, looks a million miles short in terms of touch, awareness,

I wouldn't even let Tav get off the bus for this game, nevermind on the pitch. He's far too important to be used in this fixture. Save him for Bristol.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Incredible Player ratings after a 3-0 defeat, looks like the Gazette are still terrified of upsetting someone.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/one-stand-out-player-middlesbrough-21288879

My Favourite:

6 - No influence on the game. 🤣🤣🤣

At least Bamba got an 8 😂

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You didn't.  You ignored their line up completely and simply mentioned the changes we'd made.  

You're creating arguments in your own head, just to try and make a point of making me look stupid. I really don't get why that's so important to you.

I didn't ignore their line up at all, I just mentioned our line up changes as it was the salient point. Whether they had a strong or weak line up didn't even make a difference to my point anyway, you just chose to infer it that way

3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You're creating arguments in your own head, just to try and make a point of making me look stupid. I really don't get why that's so important to you.

I didn't ignore their line up at all, I just mentioned our line up changes as it was the salient point. Whether they had a strong or weak line up didn't even make a difference to my point anyway, you just chose to infer it that way

I didn't create any argument.  You made a post saying that we'd made 8 changes, and I replied with a post saying that Blackpool had also made 8 changes too apparently.  No argument there at all.  I don't really see how that made you look stupid either?  You're the one who took it on and started talking about perspective, I didn't say anything more than they'd also made changes.  Please don't try and make me look bad, there's no real need as I can do that all by myself.

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I didn't create any argument.  You made a post saying that we'd made 8 changes, and I replied with a post saying that Blackpool had also made 8 changes too apparently.  No argument there at all.  I don't really see how that made you look stupid either?  You're the one who took it on and started talking about perspective, I didn't say anything more than they'd also made changes.  Please don't try and make me look bad, there's no real need as I can do that all by myself.

I was never disagreeing with you, I actually thought I was agreeing with you about it being a game of two much changed sides and then you accused me of changing perspective

My initial point was not an excuse for a brutal performance, it was a point about it not being a reflection on our first 11 because we changed the side so much (far too much in my opinion). It was an awful reflection on our fringe players no doubt but it was not an excuse for a bad result, I just wanted perspective on the game that was actually played which I thought you were somewhat agreeing with by saying by mentioning their changes too

Stand by what I said for the first goal, I think it's a great hit by their full-back. If you're being harsh, Jones doesn't get tight enough to him or close him down quickly enough and Lumley doesn't get up from the first effort quick enough. Fine margins though, willing to let that one slide, the quality of the strike was insane.

The 2nd goal, where do you start? Wood gets bullied at the far post and seems to take a bit of an age to get up and react. Spence goes in to try and win it and gets there a bit too late (he's definitely wanting to boot it clear there but can't in order to avoid giving away a penalty) then ends up wrong side of the player and the ball. Malley completely loses him entirely, just seems to be in a bad position to win the ball when the rest of our defence has left such a massive gap for the lad to run into. Wood ends up in some kind of position to block and maybe blocks the sight of Lumley a little? He doesn't seem to react until it reaches the 6-yard area at which point, he needs a really strong hand to save it. Not sure who actually comes out of that with any kind of credit, just awful set-piece defending all-round.

The 3rd goal, well the finish is obviously a bit lucky, he just tries to get anything on it. My main criticism there is that he actually seems to be Malley's player and he just sort of lets him go. At that angle 99 times out of 100, the lad isn't scoring so ordinarily you might not care too much but fact is if Malley follows him, he clears that ball quite easily. I think the game was already done at 2-0, though.

On the positive side, Malley's ball for Jones was sublime wasn't it? It might have been our only real chance in the game but it was a hell of a ball and Jones' effort didn't look that far over. On another night etc. etc.

1 minute ago, newyddion said:

Was that Josh Coburn? 

I think it was Malley, mate. Great first touch, excellent 2nd touch being the pass. Jones takes a great touch to beat his man too, all that was missing was the finish.

Superb! Did you see how long Payero just states at him for after he misses?

I did yeah, I don't know if he wanted him to leave it to him or something but he doesn't look happy 😂

Whipping out ‘the Payero stare’ on his debut is a pretty bold move. This lad isn’t messing about! I heard he was bossing it on the pitch shouting instructions to his team mates. Great to hear!!

That was Jones going by the commentary! Apparently he was signing at Jones what to do, I think that might have been just before the chance too! 😅

• Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0