oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0

1 minute ago, newyddion said:

Whipping out ‘the Payero stare’ on his debut is a pretty bold move. This lad isn’t messing about! I heard he was bossing it on the pitch shouting instructions to his team mates. Great to hear!!

I don't believe he knows any English yet, so they might not have been very effective 😂

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction It's that time of the year again where I dust off my box of gifs and contribute my obligatory matchday thread before either losing or drawing and passing on the reigns to someone els

Was at the game, pretty abject all round. Lumley needs to settle and quickly, shaky. The young left back got absolutely roasted. Coburn?, looks a million miles short in terms of touch, awareness,

I wouldn't even let Tav get off the bus for this game, nevermind on the pitch. He's far too important to be used in this fixture. Save him for Bristol.

Posted Images

I think the lesson is that several of the youngsters are nowhere near ready yet and need to go out on loan to get their match sharpness and to toughen up. Silky skills at Rockliffe are one thing but trying to impress while getting battered and bruised in the real world is something else entirely. 

Worryingly Blackpool's second string are clearly of a far more effective level than ours. It highlights that NW needs several reinforcements before the close of the window, probably in the order of four or five as a minimum in positions that are fairly glaringly obvious. If we don't recruit then as injuries and suspensions take their toll and the season wears on we will be found wanting and things will drift just like it did at the end of last season.

• Like 1

To be honest apart from knowing the result and having been told certain stats quite clearly our "second string" are no where competative enough and due to the tactics and personnel used last night then "it does not really matter" attitude was taken by the powers that be.

Well it matters to me and plenty of others, what an embaressing result that was and whilst I know we as a club need to be in a different place to win the cup, there is no pride in simply turning up and hoping for the best.

Over now good luck Blackpool but I do hope a different Boro turns up next time at your place

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0

Didn't go to the match, didn't listen to the match, didn't even look at the score on the Sky Sports app.

I knew we'd lose, 3-0 is a bit embarrassing though.

Ah well, it's "only" the only major competition we've ever won, let's focus on the league eh

• Like 2
8 hours ago, morrissey said:

Was at the game, pretty abject all round.

Lumley needs to settle and quickly, shaky. The young left back got absolutely roasted. Coburn?, looks a million miles short in terms of touch, awareness, physicality.

2 positives: Jones is really quick with good feet, bit raw but very promising.

Payero, given his circumstances, was excellent, looks and moves like a proper footballer and will be a big hit with the fans.

Biggest disappointment was the general lack of fight and aggression.

A mention for the fans, who were tremendous and deserved better.

Yeh I was there aswell. Agree with everything you said. Felt sorry for payero. You could see him pointing were players should be passing the ball but they just opted for long hopeless balls. Nathan wood is the worst for it. 1st half was one of the worst displays I’ve ever seen. Don’t think we strung 2 passes together. 
also Morsy is gonna get a lot of yellow cards, very frustrating at times, he fouls when he dosnt have to. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Just seen blackpool got sunderland in the next round. That would have been fun if we'd got through!

Huh another case of the devil farting in our direction once again!

Now that would have been a game of real interest

• Like 1

Going out of the cup early without scoring isn’t a bad thing though. At least in November when people are asking how many Payero has scored there’ll be none of this “oh I can’t remember if it’s 5 in the league or 5 in all competitions”.

Every cloud. 

• Haha 3

I was there last night and there was a much worse performance than that on the pitch.......

.........I left to get a pie and pint on 35 mins and didnt get back to my seat until kick off for the second half, 3 concourse staff that looked as though they had all shared the same bottle of purple hair dye and not 1 clue of what they were doing between them........I guess Bloomfield road catering is where retired bingo callers go to work!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Didn't go to the match, didn't listen to the match, didn't even look at the score on the Sky Sports app.

I knew we'd lose, 3-0 is a bit embarrassing though.

Ah well, it's "only" the only major competition we've ever won, let's focus on the league eh

You obviously care about it so much, given you didn't go, didn't listen and didn't even check the score...

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Will said:

You obviously care about it so much, given you didn't go, didn't listen and didn't even check the score...

????

I'm a bit annoyed that Warnock didn't see it as an even remotely important competition, hence the starting lineup, but I'm not surprised because that's what Warnock does and that's what Boro tend to do these days, go out in the 1st round.