oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0

I appreciate it’ll be a much changed starting XI on Saturday, but we really do need a good performance after that horror show last night. Felt sorry for Payero, he looked lost as our midfield was being constantly overrun 

• Like 2
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction It's that time of the year again where I dust off my box of gifs and contribute my obligatory matchday thread before either losing or drawing and passing on the reigns to someone els

Was at the game, pretty abject all round. Lumley needs to settle and quickly, shaky. The young left back got absolutely roasted. Coburn?, looks a million miles short in terms of touch, awareness,

I wouldn't even let Tav get off the bus for this game, nevermind on the pitch. He's far too important to be used in this fixture. Save him for Bristol.

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

I appreciate it’ll be a much changed starting XI on Saturday, but we really do need a good performance after that horror show last night. Felt sorry for Payero, he looked lost as our midfield was being constantly overrun 

Payero really deserved his debut to English football in a settled midfield with some seasoned pros, felt like him and the kids were left blowing in the wind.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Payero really deserved his debut to English football in a settled midfield with some seasoned pros, felt like him and the kids were left blowing in the wind.

Nowt wrong with that. Bit of a rude awakening if one was necessary, if not he'll understand that he'll be better in and around better players. Warnock certainly thought as much. It was good to hear that he didn't let the language barrier get in the way of demanding more from his team-mates.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Maybe thinking "WTF have I done signing for this lot?"

I suppose the result was predictable but I do wonder how much a rout like this will affect the mindset not only of those involved but also those in the wider and more established line up.

7 hours ago, Mfcdanny said:

Yeh I was there aswell. Agree with everything you said. Felt sorry for payero. You could see him pointing were players should be passing the ball but they just opted for long hopeless balls. Nathan wood is the worst for it. 1st half was one of the worst displays I’ve ever seen. Don’t think we strung 2 passes together. 
also Morsy is gonna get a lot of yellow cards, very frustrating at times, he fouls when he dosnt have to. 

Not being funny but this is how they are asked to play by this manager.  Would you have felt less sorry for him if he'd played against Fulham on Sunday with a full strength team?  Cos we had less of the ball in that game than we did last night.  Payero will need to get used to the fact that if he wants the ball, he will have to get on the end of knockdowns, win 50/50's, pressure the opposition etc a lot of the time, because unless we have a complete change in thinking here, we aren't going to be knocking the ball about all the time, and playing out from the back, through midfield.  This manager wants us to get the ball forwards quickly, and then play inside the oppositions half.

6 hours ago, JonnyMFC said:

I was there last night and there was a much worse performance than that on the pitch.......

.........I left to get a pie and pint on 35 mins and didnt get back to my seat until kick off for the second half, 3 concourse staff that looked as though they had all shared the same bottle of purple hair dye and not 1 clue of what they were doing between them........I guess Bloomfield road catering is where retired bingo callers go to work!

To be fair it kinda sounds like they were doing you a favour.

• Like 1