oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0

Normally I care about cup games and want us to do as well as possible, but with the size of the squad and the injury issues we had during preseason, I'd be starting the whole bench from Fulham apart from tav and then whatever u23 players who are closest to the first team. 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction It's that time of the year again where I dust off my box of gifs and contribute my obligatory matchday thread before either losing or drawing and passing on the reigns to someone els

Was at the game, pretty abject all round. Lumley needs to settle and quickly, shaky. The young left back got absolutely roasted. Coburn?, looks a million miles short in terms of touch, awareness,

I wouldn't even let Tav get off the bus for this game, nevermind on the pitch. He's far too important to be used in this fixture. Save him for Bristol.

Posted Images

Ikpeazu looked like he was gasping for air the entire match yesterday so he could do with a few more minutes. Sure he battled but he was visibly gasping for air the entire time. Give him 60 minutes again.

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Ikpeazu looked like he was gasping for air the entire match yesterday so he could do with a few more minutes. Sure he battled but he was visibly gasping for air the entire time. Give him 60 minutes again.

I think it was so noticeable that Ikpeazu was gasping for air because we were all shocked to see a Boro Striker since Bamford, break sweat and actually put a shift in.

• Haha 2

I would go with

Daniels/Brynn

Peltier Bamba Wood

Spence Morsy Malley Jones

Payero

Watmore Uche

Tav got 40mins yday so would rather he rested now until Saturday. By the same token Uche and Watmore played 55mins so should be ok to play Wednesday.

Hopefully we can push Daniels and Bamba through in time for them to get minutes

I would stick with Lumley in goal so that he can get more minutes under his belt and familiarise himself with the squad. I'd also really like to see what Crooks and Ikpeazu could do as a front two, similar to Crooks and Smith at Rotherham last season.

Lumley

Peltier  Fry  Wood

Spence  Morsy  Malley  Jones

Payero

Crooks  Ikpeazu

Looks like Blackpool play 4-4-2 so I think Warnock may go with wingbacks. Difficult one this because you need to get your main team as fit as possible but also protect them from injury. What I think

Lumley (needs as much time to get up to speed as possible)

Dijksteel/McNair Bamba Fry/Peltier

Spence Morsy Payero Jones

Crooks

Watmore Ikpeazu

I think Tav and Bola might be protected from injury. Not sure he'll risk starting Payero. I think Crooks, Watmore and Ikpeazu need time to build an understanding and this lets them play in their preferred position. Personally I would like to see Malley get a full game. I think Jones has earned a chance to start.

Just now, Bruce said:

Looks like Blackpool play 4-4-2 so I think Warnock may go with wingbacks. Difficult one this because you need to get your main team as fit as possible but also protect them from injury. What I think

Lumley (needs as much time to get up to speed as possible)

Dijksteel/McNair Bamba Fry/Peltier

Spence Morsy Payero Jones

Crooks

Watmore Ikpeazu

I think Tav and Bola might be protected from injury. Not sure he'll risk starting Payero. I think Crooks, Watmore and Ikpeazu need time to build an understanding and this lets them play in their preferred position. Personally I would like to see Malley get a full game. I think Jones has earned a chance to start.

Think Payero starts; seems to be what Warnock was suggesting after Fulham anyway.

• Like 1

I get the feeling this could be Peltier's time at left-back. Bit of a nothing game in Warnock's view so have him cover there to let Bola have a rest for this game. Could be a chance to throw Robinson in too, though.

Lumley
Spence Wood Bamba Peltier
Malley Morsy Payero
Sivi Coburn Jones

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JonnyMFC said:

I've just looked on the MFC website and nothing on there, I will have to give the Ticket office a call.

I think its past the post deadline so yeah be pay on gate I guess

3 hours ago, TheYorkshireTerrier said:

I would stick with Lumley in goal so that he can get more minutes under his belt and familiarise himself with the squad. I'd also really like to see what Crooks and Ikpeazu could do as a front two, similar to Crooks and Smith at Rotherham last season.

Lumley

Peltier  Fry  Wood

Spence  Morsy  Malley  Jones

Payero

Crooks  Ikpeazu

Agree with almost all of this, but I would start Bola. He's another player who could be significant for us but is currently short of match fitness. Him, Ikpeazu, Crooks, Payero and Jones all need as much playing time as they can get, so they'd be nailed-on starters for me. Ditto Bamba, if he's actually eligible to play for us - a wise old head among the kids would be really beneficial (our squad's average age must be pretty low these days?)

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0