oneBoro Forum

Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't know for sure and I'm not entirely sure it's the EFL making that call either? I can't find anywhere but them and the clubs saying what the rules are, no reasons seem to have been put out.

But it's not a terrible thing really, it might drive more fans into stadiums. It's only the cup games that this has changed for and cup games generally don't get great attendances anyway as even season ticket holders have to pay to attend. So maybe it's a way of getting more people to the stadiums on cup days. Maybe COVID, or rather its effect, is the reason for that.

Surly clubs make more money opening streams when the match day ticket price are the same price as a £10 stream. 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Introduction It's that time of the year again where I dust off my box of gifs and contribute my obligatory matchday thread before either losing or drawing and passing on the reigns to someone els

Was at the game, pretty abject all round. Lumley needs to settle and quickly, shaky. The young left back got absolutely roasted. Coburn?, looks a million miles short in terms of touch, awareness,

I wouldn't even let Tav get off the bus for this game, nevermind on the pitch. He's far too important to be used in this fixture. Save him for Bristol.

Posted Images

Just now, DurhamRed said:

Surly clubs make more money opening streams when the match day ticket price are the same price as a £10 stream. 

Getting people into the stadiums is only one factor to getting money out of people though. People turn up to the ground, might nip into the club shop, buy something to eat or drink, etc. If you get 100 fans to pay £10 for a match day ticket vs. a stream, that's no guarantee they'll end up giving the club the same amount of money on the day.

2 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Do Radio Tees transmit on DAB through the day ?  I cannot see Radio Tees on my radio.

I'm sure I read that they do. I'm sure usually for game days when there's crossover, the Boro matches are on FM and the Pools games are on DAB.

6 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Not sure we'll even be able to listen on the radio with the Bilsdale mast fire affecting BBC tees on FM...

Just seen a post on FB from radio Tees saying that we will be able to listen to the match here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_tees?fbclid=IwAR2CdEtInLf9M_8QzA1ubUzcw_im8q2v4OD7YMfJkcjgjgPgRGkkcLy84Ng

I tried retuning my TV to Pontop Pike last night and was unsuccessful.  I'd always assumed that stuff came from Pontop Pike, as it is less than 10 miles from here, but it seems not.  Bilsdale is 50 miles away!

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm sure I read that they do. I'm sure usually for game days when there's crossover, the Boro matches are on FM and the Pools games are on DAB.

Yes, that's what normally happens.  They say that they are making it available on DAB tonight, though.  I didn't think they were allowed to due to rights issues, but something must have been waived due to the mast fire.

6 minutes ago, White Band said:

Just seen a post on FB from radio Tees saying that we will be able to listen to the match here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_tees?fbclid=IwAR2CdEtInLf9M_8QzA1ubUzcw_im8q2v4OD7YMfJkcjgjgPgRGkkcLy84Ng

I tried retuning my TV to Pontop Pike last night and was unsuccessful.  I'd always assumed that stuff came from Pontop Pike, as it is less than 10 miles from here, but it seems not.  Bilsdale is 50 miles away!

It says on Radio Tees fb video that it will just be on DAB. Not on sounds or online

4 minutes ago, White Band said:

Yes, that's what normally happens.  They say that they are making it available on DAB tonight, though.  I didn't think they were allowed to due to rights issues, but something must have been waived due to the mast fire.

I think the rights issues only relates to playing through BBC Sounds/online? Those are still in place. You could be right though, I'm not sure, never listened via DAB.

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

It says on Radio Tees fb video that it will just be on DAB. Not on sounds or online

This is what they posted?  Is the link they have given something different?  I thought that was where they were making DAB available for the moment.

Screenshot_20210811-161134.png

Screenshot_20210811-161201.png

7 minutes ago, White Band said:

This is what they posted?  Is the link they have given something different?  I thought that was where they were making DAB available for the moment.

Screenshot_20210811-161134.png

Screenshot_20210811-161201.png

They put a video up as well. The DAB stream is only available through actual radios. 

Screenshot_20210811-162230_Facebook.thumb.jpg.f51c3ecd579b5b361e2f9c790c112db3.jpg

Screenshot_20210811-162237_Facebook.jpg

44 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

They put a video up as well. The DAB stream is only available through actual radios. 

Screenshot_20210811-162230_Facebook.thumb.jpg.f51c3ecd579b5b361e2f9c790c112db3.jpg

Screenshot_20210811-162237_Facebook.jpg

Thanks.  I'll have a play around later and see what I can get (need to finish today's work first!).  A couple of people in the main village have said that DAB isn't working either, but that may be a local thing - we are right on the very edge of the radio Tees reception area.  What is really frustrating is that the Pontop Pike transmitter is so much closer and you can see it from the top of the fell, but I guess the fell must block the transmission in some way. As soon as I go up out of our valley it is radio Cumbria not Tees.

• Downsouth changed the title to Blackpool v Boro (Carabao Cup) 3-0