oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

1 minute ago, Rat catcher said:

One more year of watching bang average mid table dross. So glad I let my season ticket lapse.

I'm sure you're not the only one there, mate and fair play to you. You don't owe the club your support during this time. It's up to them to win you back, really.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Well... I kind of agree with you on that a little but that surely means Warnock is the right man to be in charge now? For this season? Because realistically, that's how long it took to get Scott in charge. It was too late for this season but realistically, this football club is already a few years late transitioning to this model of club anyway.

There's a lot that this club needs to do to get onto the right footing as a modern team. I'd not be surprised if there was at least a year's worth of work on Scott's hands before he should be picking the next manager. We're probably not going anywhere with Warnock in charge but I've said all along that there needs to be a long-term plan in place and if that plan has to officially start in a month's time then so be it.

As you say, that's too late to hire a new manager for this season which means we absolutely don't need to be messing about appointing someone off the cuff. Let Warnock do the best he can this season, if by some miracle he takes us up, big kudos to him and his staff and we move on from him. If he doesn't, we still move on from him.

He is a safe pair of hands if nothing else. And that's probably what we need whilst Scott works his magic behind the scenes. Someone to take the pressure off Scott's job for the first 12 months.

Maybe Scott already has the guy in mind he wants to get in. It's not like he hasn't been doing a very similar job at Norwich. If that was the case then get him in now let them work together this season building a plan for next summer. We're just treading water with Warnock. Wasting another year of Fry and Tavs contracts, killing enthusiasm for the majority of fans.

Yes for this season because he will keep us steady in the Championship. I fully expect some clubs to fail as the financial impacts of the pandemic bite.  Once things have settled down will be the time to push on under a new manager.  I don't think anyone we could realistically attract at the moment would do better under the budget constraints. My priority at the moment is for the club to survive.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Dan1234 said:

Maybe Scott already has the guy in mind he wants to get in. It's not like he hasn't been doing a very similar job at Norwich. If that was the case then get him in now let them work together this season building a plan for next summer. We're just treading water with Warnock. Wasting another year of Fry and Tavs contracts, killing enthusiasm for the majority of fans.

that's a big assumption.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

One more year of watching bang average mid table dross. So glad I let my season ticket lapse.

Seriously, you are so negative chap.  We are all entitled to our opinion but we played 1 game and drew and then lost tonight.  Yeah it’s crap we got beat 3-0 but all the sack him stuff is mental.  Think longer term than this season and you’ll be ok.   Go have a cup of tea.

• Like 3
Just now, Dan1234 said:

Soooo... get rid of Warnock because Scott might have the guy in mind?

I don't even think that's a realistic expectation, why would he be sat looking up a manager who's a good fit for us whilst he's working for Norwich? Surely that's a conflict of interest?

That's not the only thing Scott needs to sort out either. He's got quite the job on his hands to sort out and change to something he's happy with. He's the head of football, not just the head of recruiting a manager.

• Like 1

Negative..........One shot on goal against Blackpool who had numerous changes. Against Fulham DROSS for 75 mins. played well for 15 mins. So we play well for 15 mins in 90mins. Not negative just see it how it is.

3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I'm not sure any fan wanted Agnew, or Pulis, or Warnock, or Woodgate.

I wish Warnock would go away. Sick to death of being boring Boro.

The fans hounded Karanka out, the scenes at Stoke were embarrassing. That set the ball rolling. Agnew was always temporary. Monk was a disaster in so many ways, as was Pulis (both on Gibson). Many fans wanted Woody to be given a chance, amazing but true. They were won over by the fake talk of ajax lite footy.  Warnock was wanted by many fans, myself included and saved the club from disaster. The wasted parachute money spent under Monk and Pulis broke the bank. Who sanctioned it all I wonder. Mistakes were not all Pulis and Monks for me. Fans set the dominoes falling on 04/03/17. In 2016, most were hoping for 17th that PL season but many fans lost sight of the bigger picture, along with the Chairman who seemingly feared a drop in attendances had he not acted, instead he gave the keys to the safe to Monk and sacked him 5 months later. We’ve paid the price ever since and still are to some extent.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rat catcher said:

Negative..........One shot on goal against Blackpool who had numerous changes. Against Fulham DROSS for 75 mins. played well for 15 mins. So we play well for 15 mins in 90mins. Not negative just see it how it is.

No bother mate.  You are definitely negative though.  I’m gutted as well, just not about to wet my pants about it.  It’ll be fine

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

that's a big assumption.

It's a big assumption to make that he has no portfolio of suitable managers now. Do you think Norwich are unprepared if Farke was to have a mare or get poached?

2 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

The fans hounded Karanka out, the scenes at Stoke were embarrassing. That set the ball rolling. Agnew was always temporary. Monk was a disaster in so many ways, as was Pulis (both on Gibson). Many fans wanted Woody to be given a chance, amazing but true. They were won over by the fake talk of ajax lite footy.  Warnock was wanted by many fans, myself included and saved the club from disaster. The wasted parachute money spent under Monk and Pulis broke the bank. Who sanctioned it all I wonder. Mistakes were not all Pulis and Monks for me. Fans set the dominoes falling on 04/03/17. In 2016, most were hoping for 17th that PL season but many fans lost sight of the bigger picture, along with the Chairman who seemingly feared a drop in attendances had he not acted, instead he gave the keys to the safe to Monk and sacked him 5 months later. We’ve paid the price ever since and still are to some extent.

Willing to give a manager a chance is not the same as wanting them from the off. I cant remember any screams on here for Woodgate to be given the job, or Warnock for that matter apart from maybe @Blanco who has some sick fascination with dull football. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

You are negative mate. We played against the league favourites on Sunday & basically played our U23s tonight. At least give it a few games before you wet the bed mate.

2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

It's a big assumption to make that he has no portfolio of suitable managers now. Do you think Norwich are unprepared if Farke was to have a mare or get poached?

I'm sure there's something not ethically right about him using his Norwich work for us.

Just now, DocMartin said:

Ho'way man, Karanka was half-way out the door from the moment he came back from the Charlton game. He'd completely lost the plot by January of the Prem season. If anything, he should have gone sooner. I hate to say it but I stuck by him right until the end because he did so much for us as a club to get us out of this division but retrospectively looking at that time, there was absolutely nothing of the spirit or the commitment in that Prem squad that there was in the team that he took us up with and he was a big part of that.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?