Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Scott should have come in last month. too late now.

You do realise that would never have been possible, it has to wait till the window shuts for contractual reasons.

Warnock is the right man at this time. We would be a league one side but for him, lest we forget. Us Boro fans are partly responsible for the turnover since Karanka was boo’ed out. Some Boro need to show more patience, we can not keep changing managers at the rate we do. There is no guarantee the next one will be the magic messiah.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Rat catcher said:

Because the season has been set now. Scott will have no time to organize replacements 

Well... I kind of agree with you on that a little but that surely means Warnock is the right man to be in charge now? For this season? Because realistically, that's how long it took to get Scott in charge. It was too late for this season but realistically, this football club is already a few years late transitioning to this model of club anyway.

There's a lot that this club needs to do to get onto the right footing as a modern team. I'd not be surprised if there was at least a year's worth of work on Scott's hands before he should be picking the next manager. We're probably not going anywhere with Warnock in charge but I've said all along that there needs to be a long-term plan in place and if that plan has to officially start in a month's time then so be it.

As you say, that's too late to hire a new manager for this season which means we absolutely don't need to be messing about appointing someone off the cuff. Let Warnock do the best he can this season, if by some miracle he takes us up, big kudos to him and his staff and we move on from him. If he doesn't, we still move on from him.

He is a safe pair of hands if nothing else. And that's probably what we need whilst Scott works his magic behind the scenes. Someone to take the pressure off Scott's job for the first 12 months.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

You do realise that would never have been possible, it has to wait till the window shuts for contractual reasons.

Warnock is the right man at this time. We would be a league one side but for him, lest we forget. Us Boro fans are partly responsible for the turnover since Karanka was boo’ed out. Some Boro need to show more patience, we can not keep changing managers at the rate we do. There is no guarantee the next one will be the magic messiah.

I'm not sure any fan wanted Agnew, or Pulis, or Warnock, or Woodgate.

I wish Warnock would go away. Sick to death of being boring Boro.

1 minute ago, Rat catcher said:

One more year of watching bang average mid table dross. So glad I let my season ticket lapse.

I’d say whoever had the seat beside you is even happier 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?