oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

46 minutes ago, Payero said:

😂😂😂 the football was disgusting but he did get us in the play offs 

With a squad that should have won the league! No excuse for not getting promoted that's season with the squad we had. It had everything we needed all over the pitch

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It has though. It’s not just those two matches, but his entire tenure. There are lots of Danes following English football and also the championship. I can’t count the amount of times where I’ve been reminded that boro has become one of the ‘nothing clubs’ That just try to blend in with the boring wallpaper by hiring ancient relics like Pulis and Warnock. Some of the older heads feel sorry for boro fans as they remember the teams with goals and players like Juninho, Rav, Hassrlbaink, Viduka etc. now we’re just dross mainly exemplified by Pulis and now Warnock. 

Well if anyone thinks the days of Juninho/Ravanelli/Viduka etc are the norm they are sorely mistaken I’m afraid. Nothing like that seen before or since, it was simply our golden age.

it’s been a 15 year decline since McClaren left, and lots of managers other than Pulis have also done shockingly badly in that time. In fact the best of the bunch, Karanka, didn’t exactly leave an impeccable legacy either. 

So I dunno about Denmark but most other fans in England I speak to barely remember Pulis even managing us.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, atypical_boro said:

it’s been a 15 year decline since McClaren left, and lots of managers other than Pulis have also done shockingly badly in that time. In fact the best of the bunch, Karanka, didn’t exactly leave an impeccable legacy either.

Maybe, just maybe, that's actually a reason to want more?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Payero said:

😂😂😂 the football was disgusting but he did get us in the play offs 

With the squad that we had that really should have been the bare minimum expectation from that season. People will point to the fact he got the best out of Adama, the reality is that getting the best out of him should have catapulted us to winning the league, rather than just scraping the Playoffs then going out without as much as a whimper.

• Like 1

i really hope this is his final season with us for a coupple of reasons really. the first being Warnock himself and his demenour, football philosophy and the type of players he likes to get in. but the bigger reason is also the one bright light i can see as a way out of the malaise weve succumbed to , and that is the upcoming Kiran  Scott  project. im genuinely excited to see how it developes and much as it pains me to say, Brunners hit the nail on the head with his two posts earlier in the thread about how promising a step forward this is and also his one worry and that is that Gibbo doesnt meddle. the mainquestions in my mind is will Scott have any input as to the new manager that replaces Warnock ?

a few years ago if i was asked which 3 managers would i least like to see at boro my answer would have been Pulis,Warnock and Allerdyce , i and many others have had to grin and bear two of those in recent times and the idea of what Scott,s appointment may lead us in a totally happier direction from what weve had to endure watching fills me with optomism akin to pre Robson days. 

regarding Warnock , i was dismayed that we got ourselves lumbered with him at the outset especially having endured pulisball so recenntly but Woodgate was the disaster everone bar Gibson feared he would be and we needed rescuing , mass credit to Warnock for steering us out of the tidal wave to div1 that JW   had sucked us into. i wasnt too traumatised by the thought of NW   remaing in charge this season but at the back end of last campaign he began to drop right back down in my estimation . Completely bearing in mind the thought process of Scott,s involvement and what is hoped may ensue from his input Warnock ,in no way should be associated next season and maybe EVEN post january if we can bring in a more suitable manager to fit with the players Scott and his team have earmarked. ......just not Allerdyce pleeze

12 hours ago, atypical_boro said:

Wanting more is fine, but it’s not something we are “owed”.

My time goes back to Stan Anderson which predates the low of 1986 by a considerable amount so I know only too well the highs and lows of supporting Boro.

I don't think anyone on here believes that we are "owed" anything either by Football in general of MFC in particular. Calling out poor decisions from the top and poor decisions from successive Managers and in particular Pulis is just that.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

My time goes back to Stan Anderson which predates the low of 1986 by a considerable amount so I know only too well the highs and lows of supporting Boro.

I don't think anyone on here believes that we are "owed" anything either by Football in general of MFC in particular. Calling out poor decisions from the top and poor decisions from successive Managers and in particular Pulis is just that.

OK, well as I say, Pulis wasn't perfect but compared with whatever else we've had since McClaren he's definitely not alone. I certainly don't think that loss v Villa somehow left a 'legacy' at the club as suggested above, we've had way worse results over this last 15 years

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Essuuaitch said:

i really hope this is his final season with us for a coupple of reasons really. the first being Warnock himself and his demenour, football philosophy and the type of players he likes to get in. but the bigger reason is also the one bright light i can see as a way out of the malaise weve succumbed to , and that is the upcoming Kiran  Scott  project. im genuinely excited to see how it developes and much as it pains me to say, Brunners hit the nail on the head with his two posts earlier in the thread about how promising a step forward this is and also his one worry and that is that Gibbo doesnt meddle. the mainquestions in my mind is will Scott have any input as to the new manager that replaces Warnock ?

a few years ago if i was asked which 3 managers would i least like to see at boro my answer would have been Pulis,Warnock and Allerdyce , i and many others have had to grin and bear two of those in recent times and the idea of what Scott,s appointment may lead us in a totally happier direction from what weve had to endure watching fills me with optomism akin to pre Robson days. 

regarding Warnock , i was dismayed that we got ourselves lumbered with him at the outset especially having endured pulisball so recenntly but Woodgate was the disaster everone bar Gibson feared he would be and we needed rescuing , mass credit to Warnock for steering us out of the tidal wave to div1 that JW   had sucked us into. i wasnt too traumatised by the thought of NW   remaing in charge this season but at the back end of last campaign he began to drop right back down in my estimation . Completely bearing in mind the thought process of Scott,s involvement and what is hoped may ensue from his input Warnock ,in no way should be associated next season and maybe EVEN post january if we can bring in a more suitable manager to fit with the players Scott and his team have earmarked. ......just not Allerdyce pleeze

Understand all that but before we sack him in January can we at least see how we are doing first? 😀

Im not necessarily advocating sacking him, i was more going down the line of bringing someone more suitable to work alongside the plans of our recruitment philosophy and sen as very probably Scott will have influenced a few january incomings ,that would seem as good as any time to move onwards with a different manager to suit. the best scenario would see Warnock stepping aside by his own decision. or retiring gracefully from the game.

3 hours ago, Essuuaitch said:
4 hours ago, Essuuaitch said:

oh joy, i see my emoji troll has noticed another post to amuse themself with .  

It's just the person who used to post on here as Kelloe, don't worry about it.  He does it to a few people, it usually means you've got a decent point to make.  No idea why he switched accounts to continue doing the same thing but he's getting on a bit so he might have forgotten his log in details or something 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Essuuaitch said:

Im not necessarily advocating sacking him, i was more going down the line of bringing someone more suitable to work alongside the plans of our recruitment philosophy and sen as very probably Scott will have influenced a few january incomings ,that would seem as good as any time to move onwards with a different manager to suit. the best scenario would see Warnock stepping aside by his own decision. or retiring gracefully from the game.

I agree but I think that will definitely happen next summer. He will stay beyond January if we're doing well though, at least to see if he can get us up.

On 8/16/2021 at 3:52 PM, Essuuaitch said:

The best scenario would obviously be for him to get us promoted and we hire a more progressive manager and actually put up a fight in the Prem without playing hide n seek like last time.

Whatever happens, the transition into next season is going to be disjointed. Warnock won’t be here, we’ll have a new manager and a new “philosophy” under the new HOF. Whether that’s in the Championship (more likely) or the Premier League. I’m looking beyond Warnock now.
As a matter of interest, do any other clubs specifically have a “Head of Football” and do we know what their role entails? At the HOF. Can get his feet under the table this season, I just hope he’s not here purely for recruitment alone. That would be a little bit half arsed for me, albeit still a step in the right direction.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?