oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

5 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Whatever happens, the transition into next season is going to be disjointed. Warnock won’t be here, we’ll have a new manager and a new “philosophy” under the new HOF. Whether that’s in the Championship (more likely) or the Premier League. I’m looking beyond Warnock now.
As a matter of interest, do any other clubs specifically have a “Head of Football” and do we know what their role entails? At the HOF. Can get his feet under the table this season, I just hope he’s not here purely for recruitment alone. That would be a little bit half arsed for me, albeit still a step in the right direction.

CANT WE CALL IT HEAD OF OUR FOOTBALL................HOOF suits us much better

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

Dear Neil views expressed on the forum by individuals does not mean the whole forum agrees (just want you to know)

Suggest you sign up as a member pm me your details and the admin team will ensure you get treated accordingly.

It would be great if we could then become the ITK sources

We'll look after you old son😉

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the next manager brought in with about 12 games to go if we aren’t in with a good chance of promotion to give the new manager time to assess the squad.

On 8/16/2021 at 1:15 PM, atypical_boro said:

Understand all that but before we sack him in January can we at least see how we are doing first? 😀

I'll take a wild guess and say we'll be muddling along mid table. 😉

On 8/16/2021 at 2:52 PM, Essuuaitch said:

Im not necessarily advocating sacking him, i was more going down the line of bringing someone more suitable to work alongside the plans of our recruitment philosophy and sen as very probably Scott will have influenced a few january incomings ,that would seem as good as any time to move onwards with a different manager to suit. the best scenario would see Warnock stepping aside by his own decision. or retiring gracefully from the game.

Seeing what happened at Norwich, I can't see Warnock being overly enamoured with Scott's methods. I would expect (hope) he will step down and make way for a manager who is more open to that approach.

Edited by AnglianRed

Pretty damning report from the Ref Support Charity aimed at NW in the Sun today.

Calling him an embarresment and clubs like Boro should take a long hard look at themselves for employing a disgraceful Manager!

Well what next I wonder?

We do seem to get our full share of poor refereeing decisions. I'm sure all of us were enraged by the headbutt incident the other night. NW is obviously passionate about football and just cannot help himself having a go at the officials.  

Surely it's human nature to give 50/50 decisions against someone that's constantly shouting and screaming at you? I've never really understood what benefit we get from this other than a vent for Warnock's anger. 

49 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Pretty damning report from the Ref Support Charity aimed at NW in the Sun today.

Calling him an embarresment and clubs like Boro should take a long hard look at themselves for employing a disgraceful Manager!

Well what next I wonder?

That's 24 hours after it was reported elsewhere, the Mail ran an article from memory yesterday on it. Considering their Officials made some very poor decisions in that game, Ikpeazu being bundled over in the box, Jones was never a booking and that Headbutt it's not a great example for either party.

My problem with Warnock is that screaming at the Officials when the game is over is pointless. Save it for the next time he is Refereeing a game and then make a comment in the pre match conferences about how we seemed to have been penalised by some poor decisions previously and list them. That way it plays mind games and could give a 50/50 doubt tipped in our favour.

25 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Surely it's human nature to give 50/50 decisions against someone that's constantly shouting and screaming at you? I've never really understood what benefit we get from this other than a vent for Warnock's anger. 

It's like crowds chanting "The referee's a ***" yeah like he's going to be awarding any 50/50 decisions your clubs way when you've been chanting abuse at him all game!

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?