Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Payero said:

Might sound mental but I'd give Roy Keane another go in management once Neil leaves.

Definitely mental @Payero I wouldn’t want him anywhere near the Boro

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Payero said:

Might sound mental but I'd give Roy Keane another go in management once Neil leaves.

It'd be like the end of Karanka's time in charge...tenfold...

Bloke is an opinionated gobshite with an over-inflated sense of his own importance / ability. More of a bully than a manager. Think he's best left spouting nonsense on TV.

• Like 4

I'm surprised this thread has made it to 18 pages. Warnock is the ideal hold-the-fort appointment while we transition from our former throw-darts-at-the-wall schizophrenia to a more stable, forward-facing, DoF-led model of governance and player/manager acquisition.

We've been crying out for a DoF on here for years, so now we've got one, let's give him nine months to get settled in and organised, so we can hit the 2022 summer transfer window with a sense of purpose, and start building a definable Boro identity rather than yo-yoing between tedious pragmatism and gung-ho naivety. 

I'll put up with a crap season ahead if we start the 2022-23 season with a long-term vision and a growing sense of identity. That places a lot of pressure on Scott's shoulders, but I'm sure he's up to the task if Gibson doesn't meddle too much.

And as for Roy Keane, the man's madder than a two-arsed baboon with piles. He makes Nigel Pearson look like Gandhi. Keep him away from our club. Ideally around 30 miles away - it'd really liven up Series 3 of Sunderland Til I Die if he rejoined them.

• Like 3

Scene 1 : The Riverside Stadium.  Scott's First Press Conference

Scott:  Well, that's my vision for the future and obviously there is only one person to carry it out. So my first priority is talking Neil into signing a 5 year contract ..

Scene 2 ; Somewhere on Teesside

Anonymous: Hello, is that the Samaritans.. 

🙂  The above is a work of fiction and beyond the realms of possibility...   or is it?

• Haha 3
59 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

It'd be like the end of Karanka's time in charge...tenfold...

Bloke is an opinionated gobshite with an over-inflated sense of his own importance / ability. More of a bully than a manager. Think he's best left spouting nonsense on TV.

I don't think he's that good!

• Like 2

Looking at our transfer business, surely our squad is now good enough to be challenging for top 6. Given that Warnock clearly doesn’t fit with Scott’s vision, if he doesn’t have us in and around the top 6 by November I’d sack him and get one of Scott’s targets in.

18 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Looking at our transfer business, surely our squad is now good enough to be challenging for top 6. Given that Warnock clearly doesn’t fit with Scott’s vision, if he doesn’t have us in and around the top 6 by November I’d sack him and get one of Scott’s targets in.

He certainly can't complain about lack of players now...but I still have my doubts about his ability to get the best out of them on a regular basis.

I'm still expecting this to be a rollercoaster season...some good performances mixed with some awful ones. Think we may still fall a few points short of the play-offs.

But rather than sack Warnock if it looks like we're going to miss out, I'd rather the club takes as long as it needs to identify the new manager and bring them in next Summer, so they can start with a clean slate and have a full pre-season, without any immediate pressure.

• Like 1

I think from seeing the frustration from fans about Warnock being stubborn about not playing Payero until "he's ready" that things will very quickly bubble over if he gives Sporar and Siliki the same treatment.

Probably not enough for Gibson to actually sack him, but yeah....it won't be pretty.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

He certainly can't complain about lack of players now...but I still have my doubts about his ability to get the best out of them on a regular basis.

I'm still expecting this to be a rollercoaster season...some good performances mixed with some awful ones. Think we may still fall a few points short of the play-offs.

But rather than sack Warnock if it looks like we're going to miss out, I'd rather the club takes as long as it needs to identify the new manager and bring them in next Summer, so they can start with a clean slate and have a full pre-season, without any immediate pressure.

Yeah if the club isn’t sure who it wants/the right man isn’t available then it would be smart to hold off. But if there is someone waiting in the wings then…

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I think from seeing the frustration from fans about Warnock being stubborn about not playing Payero until "he's ready" that things will very quickly bubble over if he gives Sporar and Siliki the same treatment.

Probably not enough for Gibson to actually sack him, but yeah....it won't be pretty.

Tbh I don't Warnock is completely srong about not just throwing Payero in. It's a difficult league and something completely different to what he is used too. Not being able to communicate on the pitch certainly doesn't make it any easier in the heat of battle. I'm sure Payero will appreciate that too, but if he is good enough I expect to see him given minutes after the break, where we have 6 games in three weeks.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Tbh I don't Warnock is completely srong about not just throwing Payero in. It's a difficult league and something completely different to what he is used too. Not being able to communicate on the pitch certainly doesn't make it any easier in the heat of battle. I'm sure Payero will appreciate that too, but if he is good enough I expect to see him given minutes after the break, where we have 6 games in three weeks.

Counterpoint: Juninho had only ever played in England once before we signed him and even then that was FOR Brazil. Bryan Robson didn't wrap him in cotton wool. In fact I can't think of a single foreign signing we've made that was kept on the bench for weeks "to get used to the league," Payero is a professional footballer for ***'s sake

15 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Counterpoint: Juninho had only ever played in England once before we signed him and even then that was FOR Brazil. Bryan Robson didn't wrap him in cotton wool. In fact I can't think of a single foreign signing we've made that was kept on the bench for weeks "to get used to the league," Payero is a professional footballer for ***'s sake

Counterpoint: Payero isn't Juninho. As an example it took months for Fabinho to get into the Liverpool team. It happens all the time. Payero was also isolated for a while and said to be sick last week leading up the Blackburn game.

I'm Warnocks biggest critic, but I don't think he is deliberatly keeping Payero out in spite. At least not yet.

• Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?