oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Counterpoint: Juninho had only ever played in England once before we signed him and even then that was FOR Brazil. Bryan Robson didn't wrap him in cotton wool. In fact I can't think of a single foreign signing we've made that was kept on the bench for weeks "to get used to the league," Payero is a professional footballer for ***'s sake

Struggling to find match reports, but Juninho arrived in Middlesbrough on the 8th of October, he didn't make his debut until the 4th of November.

He wasn't even on the bench for his first 3 games at the club.

Now, that may be down to international clearance or other issues, but if it's not then Payero was introduced quicker than Juninho was.

Signed on the 5th of August, debuted on the 11th of August.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Counterpoint: Payero isn't Juninho. As an example it took months for Fabinho to get into the Liverpool team. It happens all the time. Payero was also isolated for a while and said to be sick last week leading up the Blackburn game.

I'm Warnocks biggest critic, but I don't think he is deliberatly keeping Payero out in spite. At least not yet.

I'm the same. If he's not in the team by October I'll be questioning things, but I don't think it's a stick necessarily to beat Warnock with just yet. 

Though I do think he'd be benefiting from 10 or 15 mins at the end rather than not getting on at all. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Tbh I don't Warnock is completely srong about not just throwing Payero in. It's a difficult league and something completely different to what he is used too. Not being able to communicate on the pitch certainly doesn't make it any easier in the heat of battle. I'm sure Payero will appreciate that too, but if he is good enough I expect to see him given minutes after the break, where we have 6 games in three weeks.

48 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm the same. If he's not in the team by October I'll be questioning things, but I don't think it's a stick necessarily to beat Warnock with just yet. 

Though I do think he'd be benefiting from 10 or 15 mins at the end rather than not getting on at all. 

Agree with both of these posts.

Where I do think was a good opportunity to bring him on is when QPR went down to 10. That extra space he would've had could've been a good introduction whilst maybe not being at 100% intensity due to the sending off. 

3 minutes ago, Will said:

Agree with both of these posts.

Where I do think was a good opportunity to bring him on is when QPR went down to 10. That extra space he would've had could've been a good introduction whilst maybe not being at 100% intensity due to the sending off. 

Yeah that was my thought too but then Morsy got sent off two minutes later, so there wasn't even time for him to warm up. Think it was diggerlad who said that he was one of the players that was sick and only got back into training on thursday before the match.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Yeah that was my thought too but then Morsy got sent off two minutes later, so there wasn't even time for him to warm up. Think it was diggerlad who said that he was one of the players that was sick and only got back into training on thursday before the match.

Morsy got sent off against Blackburn not QPR. Will was referring to the 3-2 to QPR for introducing Payero

6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Morsy got sent off against Blackburn not QPR. Will was referring to the 3-2 to QPR for introducing Payero

Ahh yes of course. I completely agree about that. He should have been on there earlier as midfield was totally cack in that game.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Struggling to find match reports, but Juninho arrived in Middlesbrough on the 8th of October, he didn't make his debut until the 4th of November.

He wasn't even on the bench for his first 3 games at the club.

Now, that may be down to international clearance or other issues, but if it's not then Payero was introduced quicker than Juninho was.

Signed on the 5th of August, debuted on the 11th of August.

From what I remember, he wasn't available to play for a while.  It's a long time ago though so memory might not be accurate.  I have a sense that he wasn't in the country for the game at Sheff Wed, I'm assuming that could have been because international games would have been played around that date.  He was in the country for the home game against QPR as he arrived that week (beginning 16th Oct) but was watching the game only.  After that we only had the Man Utd game before we played Leeds, and that was his debut.  I'm sure Payero will be in the side soon enough though either way.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DevKWat said:

I’ve seen quite a few people since Scott was announced say they know who the club have in mind to replace Warnock already but never gave a name. 

I remember them, said the person was an unsung hero for boro. Though at the time I thought that was for the DOF role, not manager but could of been wrong on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever comes in next, I seriously bloody hope Scott is doing the choosing. Can't stomach another "club legend" or useless dinosaur from Gibson.

And I'm not sure I agree with the 'might as well let Warnock finish the season' opinions. 

We're going to waste the loan signings (and the money spent on them) under him in another pointless mid table season.

Siliki, Sporar, and Hernandez will be gone in the summer and we're back to square one in terms of recruitment. 

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?