oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

14 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Alex bloody Neil? You lot really love punishment don't you....

As for players falling out of favour with a new man, it's inevitable and if those players were Crooks and Uche I wouldn't lose much sleep over it as let's be honest neither are top 6 team starters. Remember when Kranky came in and kicked Steele straight out despite him at the time being arguably our most promising young player. 

I am not going fo get excited over Neil as well tbf. Who would you be looking at @Dan1234?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I am not going fo get excited over Neil as well tbf. Who would you be looking at @Dan1234?

I said in the match thread Reiziger would be my first choice, probably followed by Lampard or a left field foreign appointment. The biggest thing for me though is we start playing some better football. We've had Agnew/Monk/Pulis/Woodgate then fecking Warnock. Youd be hard pushed to make a list of more either clueless or negative managers and quite frankly I'm bored bloody silly by it. A bit of excitement around the place like the early Karanka time is massively needed.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I said in the match thread Reiziger would be my first choice, probably followed by Lampard or a left field foreign appointment. The biggest thing for me though is we start playing some better football. We've had Agnew/Monk/Pulis/Woodgate then fecking Warnock. Youd be hard pushed to make a list of more either clueless or negative managers and quite frankly I'm bored bloody silly by it. A bit of excitement around the place like the early Karanka time is massively needed.

I think you should probably lower your expectations alittle bit, there's no way on earth we could tempt or even afford either Lampard or Reiziger and going for a left field foreign appointment is always a big risk.

Maybe the ex Barnsley gaffer who's now at New York Redbulls (I think) could be a possibility

40 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Lampard would be robson-esque but think him and Howe would maybe be out of our reach. And both would find us a bit far north for they liking given they southern roots. I know Howe considered Celtic but that was probably an exception given size of club after him. Would be buzzing with either though.

42 minutes ago, mj south said:

I think you should probably lower your expectations alittle bit, there's no way on earth we could tempt or even afford either Lampard or Reiziger and going for a left field foreign appointment is always a big risk.

Maybe the ex Barnsley gaffer who's now at New York Redbulls (I think) could be a possibility

I personally think we could afford and attract names like that. We were paying Pulis a eye watering amount, probably double what Lampard got at Derby or Reiziger is getting currently.

Its been shown at Leeds how much benefit can be gotten by putting money into the manager. Instead of putting a million or two into lumps like Crooks why don't we use that money on a decent manager? 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Rat catcher said:

Been away golfing at Rockcliffe all week end. So never tuned in to the game. It baffles me how NW is still in a job. Bring on Sheff Utd and a gob full of excuses.   

How did you do? 
I personally question weather he is actually interested given his age and fact he knows this is his farewell. Surly he must have the, why bother just go through the motions. Why would he be committed, what does he need to get out of it, why would he be interested is what I ask myself. 

7 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

How did you do? 
I personally question weather he is actually interested given his age and fact he knows this is his farewell. Surly he must have the, why bother just go through the motions. Why would he be committed, what does he need to get out of it, why would he be interested is what I ask myself. 

I have the same feeling as u mate about Warnock. Its not s criticism of him as such but a natural feeling he might have. He 73 and in his head he gone next season regardless so why be dead passionate about it.

7 hours ago, Duvel said:

For those that want him out, if there's no obvious candidate available to replace him at the moment would you hold onto him until the right man is available? 

Or would you still want rid of him even if it means being stuck with a temporary manager for the time being? 

I know its a hypothetical question but I'd rather the club take their time finding his replacement than rush into it. 

All about whether he's actively working against our best interests. Finger pointing and excuse making probably doesn't do much for us and if he starts picking out new players like Payero who he doesn't have much use for and pointing the finger at them for not working the way he wants them to, I can't imagine those players will be best pleased at the club they've walked into.

There may not be a better time to make the change if its temporary. Having someone who is less of an egotist in charge of first team matters for the mean time might take the expectations away from a team that really doesn't need them right now.

My ideal world was to keep Warnock here for the foreseeable whilst giving time to Scott to find the right person to hire. But I think Warnock hates the fact he's probably known from the moment Scott came in that he's sat in somebody else's seat. I don't particularly blame him for being disappointed on a personal level but we're not Neil Warnock FC, we have to look beyond him and if he doesn't like the make-up of his squad and doesn't see the value of staying without a squad in his image and all that then he's free to leave.

• Like 4

I’d rather we stick with Warnock until the man we want to build with over the next few years is available. If he’s available next week, get him. If we have to wait until the end of the season, wait.
I have a certain amount of sympathy for Warnock. He’s wanted this job for a while but knows in his final season in football he’s just treading water, players are being bought around him, long term plans are happening without him. It’s all a bit anticlimatic and sad really 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

At this point, (and it would never happen anyway) would an interim manager do much worse? 

Like yesterday, we didn’t even land any significant blows on a weakened Reading side. That should send alarm bells ringing to the hierarchy. And if it doesn’t, then they don’t deserve people paying their hard earned money to put up with it. I have seen nothing from Warnock on the pitch to believe that we are moving forward. People have rightly said we have no identity, and it’s refreshing to her BBC Tees say it as well. They can’t fluff up crap week after week anymore, it’s about time they say it for what it is. 

We had no control over the game yesterday as I mentioned in the MDT, but at no point was Warnock saying to players to keep and retain possession. Thus meaning he was quite happy to play percentage football and hoof it and go nowhere with it. That’s alarming in itself that he didn’t change it at all. Stubbornness at its finest. 

In addition to this, can anyone really say that Warnock suits the squad we have? We have some ball playing midfielders, but never use them. Again, that’s a tactical choice and in my opinion, the wrong one. Clearly his methods of set pieces and winning seconds is so painfully out dated, and the club must now realise that. 

I feel that we are again at a cross roads where it will be another judgement call from Gibson that will be talked about. History has taught us that Gibson always waits too long to get rid of someone until the rot has well and truly set in. He’s a loyal man, but it could be argued that it is one of his biggest flaws. 

I would rather we parted company now, thanking Neil for stabilising us but us wanting to go in a new direction with the players we now have and the new recruitment model. I don’t think that will happen, regardless of what people have rumoured about him having two games to save his job. I really do fear that Gibson will hold on for too long again, hopefully Scott is in his ear as it’s his first job but who knows. 

No fans should have had to endure Strachan, Pulis AND Warnock in their life time, let alone boro fans. Do the right thing Gibson, I beg you. I can’t take another season of going through the motions and having to watch *** football game after game after game. 

Its tiiiiiiiiiime to goooo! 

Well I'm hoping the difference this time will be Kieran Scott and that by Gibson giving him enough time to scout out a good "long term" replacement for Warnock, we can finally look forward (with some optimism) to a future where we play attractive...and effective football.

• Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?