oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

4 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

I meant if our long term manager might not be available for whatever reason. If he was available then he should already be here.

Or maybe we have no idea who the next manager is yet.

It’s ok. Grant has announced his retirement from playing. He’s available 👍

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Blanco said:

It’s ok. Grant has announced his retirement from playing. He’s available 👍

If we were going to take a gamble on another rookie, I think we could do worse than have Old Leadboots as gaffer.

But hoping we can get an experienced, savvy German manager from Bundesliga 2. Or something like that.

3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

If we were going to take a gamble on another rookie, I think we could do worse than have Old Leadboots as gaffer.

But hoping we can get an experienced, savvy German manager from Bundesliga 2. Or something like that.

I think it’s a bit suspicious that the day the gazette turn on Warnock they run an interview with Grant as well. To me it’s a fishing exercise from the club to see what the reaction would be 

• Wow 1
4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I think it’s a bit suspicious that the day the gazette turn on Warnock they run an interview with Grant as well. To me it’s a fishing exercise from the club to see what the reaction would be 

Do we know if he's done his coaching badges, or is even interested in management?

Given he's only just retired I'd have thought he might want some time out to "smell the roses" as it were.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Do we know if he's done his coaching badges, or is even interested in management?

Given he's only just retired I'd have thought he might want some time out to "smell the roses" as it were.

In the interview he said he is currently doing his badges for coaching 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Rat catcher said:

The ideal situation would be to keep NW until January. That would give us chance to find a suitable replacement and get the new man bedded in, the problem is if we wait that long we could be in a relegation fight if thigs do not improve significantly.

Better to end the turgid football now and let the new manager have a few months with the squad so he can address any weaknesses in Jan for me 

Has there ever been a boro manager who makes this many excuses without ever looking inwards at his own mistakes?

Saw his press conference come down my feed and couldn’t scroll past it quick enough, can’t think of anything I’d rather watch less at the minute. 

1 hour ago, LBP said:

Better to end the turgid football now and let the new manager have a few months with the squad so he can address any weaknesses in Jan for me 

If it is going to happen then the IB will be the best time for all concerned.

Far too much venom building up

• Like 1

Warnock’s latest excuses are really irritating me. It feels like his relationship with the club is breaking down. He’s now firmly blaming the foreign players. Even though Payero has started just one match and JLS two. It’s not like we were setting the league alight before they were brought in. It’s a joke. 

• Like 2

Warnock today pointed the finger on the culprits , who pushed for the foreign signings, revealed the on going interference , we've had for years, this is why former managers had to sign a none disclosure act. He looks as sick as a parrot.

• Wow 1
16 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Warnock today pointed the finger on the culprits , who pushed for the foreign signings, revealed the on going interference , we've had for years, this is why former managers had to sign a none disclosure act. He looks as sick as a parrot.

Hes more than welcome to do one then.

I don't think there is a club going nowadays that just let's the manager have 100% of the say on signings. If he looked closer to home regarding his methods and tactics he might get a clue as to why he can't work with our current crop.

• Like 4

Fgs why not just end it now then, he’s clearly not happy, the players obviously aren’t happy so what is the point? It’s a dangerous game tbh as it’s a Sunderland style recipe for relegation.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Fgs why not just end it now then, he’s clearly not happy, the players obviously aren’t happy so what is the point? It’s a dangerous game tbh as it’s a Sunderland style recipe for relegation.

It's not really the same as the Sunderland situation. It feels more like the Karanka relegation season to me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kentucky said:

Well that's a bizarrely pro Warnock take.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?