Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Of all the merry go round manager on the go McClaren would be my best bet. Knows the club, knows the area, but would Gibson forgive his past ?

Why do we care if a new manager knows the club or the area?

Get someone in with fresh ideas who actually wants to play football and can make the most of the squad we have.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Warnock has been moaning about the oversees signings from the start. First it was a little passive aggressive “Steve wants to take a chance on some South Americans”. Then he only wants two from South America. Then only wants two from the continent. Now a constant stream of them not being fit enough, good enough for the championship etc. 

Im pretty sure his nose has been put out by this duel transfer policy - some players for now (that he wants) and money spent on players for the future (that have nothing to do with him). Making such a noise about asking Gibson to take a chance on TO for pennies was all a bit passive aggressive too. I have a little bit of sympathy for him but when it’s clear he won’t be here next season, we have to plan more long term.  I dont think this partnership is going to end well 

You're totally right on every bit of it. Great post. 

37 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Why do we care if a new manager knows the club or the area?

Get someone in with fresh ideas who actually wants to play football and can make the most of the squad we have.

Totally agree we need new blood, but of all the also rans McClaren would be the best.

Let me get this straight, apparently we’re rubbish and needed a DoF because we always end up going for former faces and people known to the club.

The only 2 suggestions I’ve seen in the last few pages to replace warnock are Leadbitter and McClaren…..

Maybe we did get the club we deserve…

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Let me get this straight, apparently we’re rubbish and needed a DoF because we always end up going for former faces and people known to the club.

The only 2 suggestions I’ve seen in the last few pages to replace warnock are Leadbitter and McClaren…..

Leadbitter wasn’t suggested. It was a suspicion based on the gazette running an interview on him on the same day as they turned on Warnock that he might be in the picture 

54 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Of all the merry go round manager on the go McClaren would be my best bet. Knows the club, knows the area, but would Gibson forgive his past ?

Give him a job as the club tour guide then. That does not make him fit to manage. He has been utter *** at a handful of clubs. If we being ambitious then try for Howe/ Lampard or a young up and coming manager from abroad with progressive ideas. If you want a more solid pragmatic approach then Wilder. I think Wilder would defo be interested in coming here as well.

12 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Totally agree we need new blood, but of all the also rans McClaren would be the best.

Got no interest in management and not a chance Gibson would offer him one. 

26 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I think all the signs with Scott will be pointing to a German qualified coach based on his previous comments. 

2 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Fortunately it's not our job to find the next manager.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?