oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Probably not. I think it’s going to take a visible turn from the crowd to get him gone.

Id say international break. Wins are what we need, not even draws. Knowing Gibson though he might just stick with him til the season ends. That wouldn't surprise me either

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Id say international break. Wins are what we need, not even draws. Knowing Gibson though he might just stick with him til the season ends. That wouldn't surprise me either

Can’t see Gibson keeping him on all season if he isn’t willing to play payero, siliki and sporar. If we hadn’t signed them then yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if we kept him on all season

4 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

No of course not, that happens at other clubs not Boro, we'll just plod on like we normally do. 

This might have been true in the past but over the last 4-5 years we have been just like every other club who hires and fires willy nilly.

2 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

This might have been true in the past but over the last 4-5 years we have been just like every other club who hires and fires willy nilly.

To be fair over the last 5 years I think the sackings have been justified. Woodgate nearly got us relegated. Fans had really started to turn on pulis and his awful football. Monk you could argue could have been given more time, but who knows what was happening in the background with the dodgy deals rumoured with his agent

5 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

I don't know after 10 games its highly unlikely under Gibson, we'll probably get the new players need time to gel BS.

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

To be fair over the last 5 years I think the sackings have been justified. Woodgate nearly got us relegated. Fans had really started to turn on pulis and his awful football. Monk you could argue could have been given more time, but who knows what was happening in the background with the dodgy deals rumoured with his agent

Pulis didn't actually get sacked either. Gibson apparently wanted to keep him on but he didn't agree to the new contract.

I don't think Warnock will get sacked, I think he'll walk if anything, if the fans show him how they feel in that way. But if the fans want a change, they have to at least show him and the club that's what they want. Pulis survived plenty of booing and stuff so it wouldn't be beyond Warnock to survive it either but it's whether he sticks to what he's said in the past about sticking around when feeling unwelcome.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Pulis didn't actually get sacked either. Gibson apparently wanted to keep him on but he didn't agree to the new contract.

I don't think Warnock will get sacked, I think he'll walk if anything, if the fans show him how they feel in that way. But if the fans want a change, they have to at least show him and the club that's what they want. Pulis survived plenty of booing and stuff so it wouldn't be beyond Warnock to survive it either but it's whether he sticks to what he's said in the past about sticking around when feeling unwelcome.

Really can't see warnock want his last season to end with him getting booed. I would expect that he'll probably leave if he starts getting booed every week

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Probably not. I think it’s going to take a visible turn from the crowd to get him gone.

Do you think the crowd could turn on him tonight? I think a loss tonight and against Hull and I think it is full on pitchforks and torches time with the fans. 

3 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Do you think the crowd could turn on him tonight? I think a loss tonight and against Hull and I think it is full on pitchforks and torches time with the fans. 

I could see quite a bit of booing if we go behind, lets be fair a lot of fans didn't want Warnock here in the 1st place.

They made an interesting stAt on the boro breakdown pod that managers tend to exit us during October 18-23 or something like that. 

I think that’s enough time to salvage a season but then also give a good indication on how things are headed. 

I think Warnocks tactics are massively outdated and not matching to our current crop of players. If we magically change and knock the ball around he might find us having more control in games and able to mount attacks. 

Percentage hoofball and second balls is not enough anymore to win games. Warnocks own doing will be his inability to change and adapt his methods for his current group of players, I’d be surprised if he is here by the end of October that is for sure. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

I know, but that's what other clubs who hire and fire every season or so would say of their managers. I just think gone are the days of Gibson showing unshakeable patience with managers, when the majority of fans start getting vocal he acts. His record since relegation proves that he sacks managers when they're not doing well, I don't know where this idea comes from that he doesn't. The only manager he's arguably hung on to slightly longer than you'd perhaps expect, since 2009 relegation, is Mowbray, due to his legacy at the club. Even Strachan got barely 12 months.

17 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

They made an interesting stAt on the boro breakdown pod that managers tend to exit us during October 18-23 or something like that. 

I think that’s enough time to salvage a season but then also give a good indication on how things are headed. 

I think Warnocks tactics are massively outdated and not matching to our current crop of players. If we magically change and knock the ball around he might find us having more control in games and able to mount attacks. 

Percentage hoofball and second balls is not enough anymore to win games. Warnocks own doing will be his inability to change and adapt his methods for his current group of players, I’d be surprised if he is here by the end of October that is for sure. 

Yes I've commented on this before. Gibson loves sacking folk in October time. Mind you, it has rarely actually paid dividends. I suppose you could say it did with the sacking of Mogga as it gave Karanka 6+ months to find his feet before mounting a promotion push in his first full season.

• Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?