oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

44 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

I have no issue with folk being “cautious” and not getting carried away. But I’m seeing genuine despondence from some posts, as though it’s somehow a bad thing we won because Warnock should be sacked regardless. Let’s see if we can get back in the play-off mix, a 4 point gap is hardly Insurmountable! 

I would question how easy it would be with the 4 point gap based on 10 games @ 1.2 point a game as opposed to Stoke @ 1.8. Although feasible it will take a great deal of improvement while those above us need to degrees to the current level we are. 

The opposing to NW is based on statistics, 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 loses in 10, poor performances and excuses. I was happy with the win more so for the town and club but It’s going to take more then one win to change minds. I personally don’t like his foreigners labelling or the way he treats then publicly and I oppose his challenge of management for signing them. Hardly away to encourage unity. 

A playoff place is lottery and if it meant a better transition, greater improvement at the club and players this season ready for the next I would say it’s a sacrifice we should be willing to accept. I believe we are more then capable of finishing mid to upper with or without NW and let’s face facts it’s about the club and not NW swan song. 

I watched the highlights a few times this morning and the goals were first class as were the blocks and saves.  
I applaud the effort it was very encouraging and it was a good game against a very strong opposition, not brilliant but that’s the level of commitment we should expect every week.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I would question how easy it would be with the 4 point gap based on 10 games @ 1.2 point a game as opposed to Stoke @ 1.8. Although feasible it will take a great deal of improvement while those above us need to degrees to the current level we are. 

The opposing to NW is based on statistics, 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 loses in 10, poor performances and excuses. I was happy with the win more so for the town and club but It’s going to take more then one win to change minds. I personally don’t like his foreigners labelling or the way he treats then publicly and I oppose his challenge of management for signing them. Hardly away to encourage unity. 

A playoff place is lottery and if it meant a better transition, greater improvement at the club and players this season ready for the next I would say it’s a sacrifice we should be willing to accept. I believe we are more then capable of finishing mid to upper with or without NW and let’s face facts it’s about the club and not NW swan song. 

I watched the highlights a few times this morning and the goals were first class as were the blocks and saves.  
I applaud the effort it was very encouraging and it was a good game against a very strong opposition, not brilliant but that’s the level of commitment we should expect every week.

It's easy.........just close your eyes and pretend🤪

For me with warnock it’s not just the performances and results on the pitch it’s the apparent ostracising of players who could be good for our future. 

The ridiculous way he goes on about ‘foreign lads’ and also the snide remarks he makes about some players.

I may be wrong but it just gives the impression of an uneasy dressing room, favouritism and unhappy individuals. I hate the idea of players being persuaded to come to the club, sold the dream and hating it when they get here.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

For me with warnock it’s not just the performances and results on the pitch it’s the apparent ostracising of players who could be good for our future. 

The ridiculous way he goes on about ‘foreign lads’ and also the snide remarks he makes about some players.

I may be wrong but it just gives the impression of an uneasy dressing room, favouritism and unhappy individuals. I hate the idea of players being persuaded to come to the club, sold the dream and hating it when they get here.

Payero will be driven out the door you can see it. Under the right manager he'd flourish. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I think it's become pretty clear his problem is with Siliki - and that's who the 'foreign lads getting up to fitness' comments are directed at. He's now specifically called him out on his decision to go away with Cameroon and sit on the bench there. 

Sporar is foreign and he's straight in as first choice - ahead of a 'Warnock man' in Ikpeazu.

He was also gushing about Payero the other week, saying he's looked good and they wanted to start him but he got injured... he just had a very bad game v Reading, as did every player. I imagine Payero will get another chance soon enough.

5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I think it's become pretty clear his problem is with Siliki - and that's who the 'foreign lads getting up to fitness' comments are directed at. He's now specifically called him out on his decision to go away with Cameroon and sit on the bench there. 

Sporar is foreign and he's straight in as first choice - ahead of a 'Warnock man' in Ikpeazu.

He was also gushing about Payero the other week, saying he's looked good and they wanted to start him but he got injured... he just had a very bad game v Reading, as did every player. I imagine Payero will get another chance soon enough.

Oh yeah, Warnocks "oh of course we were going to play him, it's a real shame he got injured" spiel. Not sure how much I believe of that.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

The teams we're playing next, anything less than 9 points from 9 is inexcusable IMO, especially for a "promotion chasing" team.

I'm still firmly on the Warnock out train and one alright performance isn't going to change my mind.

I think 9 from 9 is setting the bar a bit high. 7 from 9 would easily see us back in the conversation.

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

4 points is not an insurmountable gap over 36 games. It really isn't.

Yes a play-off place is a lottery but anyone expecting (rather than hoping) for an automatic promotion this season was doing so in an absolutely baseless fashion. No one but newly relegated sides could ever demand that from their club in this league, unless perhaps they'd gone extremely close the season before. Warnock was never going to turn water into wine, but he might have/had a chance of sneaking us up there using his experience via the back door. Best anyone could/should have ever been hoping for from him.

11 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

I think 9 from 9 is setting the bar a bit high. 7 from 9 would easily see us back in the conversation.

These are three of the worst teams in the league right now coming up. It's not about being "back in the conversation". Promotion chasing teams should be looking for 9 from 9 here.

But this is a Warnock team so we're guaranteed to *** the bed in at least one of the games, maybe even two of them.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

4 points is not an insurmountable gap over 36 games. It really isn't.

Yes a play-off place is a lottery but anyone expecting (rather than hoping) for an automatic promotion this season was doing so in an absolutely baseless fashion. No one but newly relegated sides could ever demand that from their club in this league, unless perhaps they'd gone extremely close the season before. Warnock was never going to turn water into wine, but he might have/had a chance of sneaking us up there using his experience via the back door. Best anyone could/should have ever been hoping for from him.

We shouldn't be "hoping" he can "sneak us in the back door". With the backing he has had and the players he has at his disposal, this team should be finishing comfortably in the top 6.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

These are three of the worst teams in the league right now coming up. It's not about being "back in the conversation". Promotion chasing teams should be looking for 9 from 9 here.

But this is a Warnock team so we're guaranteed to *** the bed in at least one of the games, maybe even two of them.

I don't think anyone would say we shouldn't be hoping for 9 points, but 7 would more than likely be enough mathematically to get us back into the promotion hunt, mathematically, objectively.

3 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

I don't think anyone would say we shouldn't be hoping for 9 points, but 7 would more than likely be enough mathematically to get us back into the promotion hunt, mathematically, objectively.

I'm not hoping for 9, I'm expecting 9. If we are truly going for promotion this year, we should be winning these games no excuses.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We shouldn't be "hoping" he can "sneak us in the back door". With the backing he has had and the players he has at his disposal, this team should be finishing comfortably in the top 6.

Really? How many of our players are proven in this division? What's this 'backing' he's had? We lost a lot of established players this summer and we brought in a similar amount, the vast majority of which were freebies on lower wages than the ones who left. Ikpeazu and Crooks didn't cost a lot and no one knows what Payero cost or even how good he is. If he did cost £6m as originally reported then you may have a point but didn't the club categorically deny that?

Just now, Brunners said:

I'm not hoping for 9, I'm expecting 9. If we are truly going for promotion this year, we should be winning these games no excuses.

I'm not saying anything other than that 7 points would get us back within a point or two of the play-offs. Do you disagree with that statement?

• Downsouth changed the title to Warnock........is he worth it?