Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

Given that Warnock is going at end of season anyway then it's a bit of a no brainer to get rid to try and rescue the season. We are good enough to be top ten. 

The whole Pulis, Warnock type manager just doesn't work for us.

The club needs a lift. 

• Like 1

Just got back from game, and to say the club is an embarrassment is an understatement.

When fans starting fighting each other in the stands like they did today and when at the end of the match numerous bottles were thrown in the direction of the fans, then something must change.

Payeros not injured but you won't see him anywhere near the 1st team on a matchday for a while whilst Warnock is here.

I'm still under the impression that Warnock get sacked unless he walks away himself but I feel he's too proud to that so unfortunately I think we are stuck with him although I did find his post match interview interesting.

The club is completely toxic at the moment like it was under Pulis and I fear it's going to get a lot lot worse than this especially away from home.

1st half performance was carbon copy of Coventry and Derby away and just not good enough. 2nd half we had a few chances but it was papering over the cracks of how bad we are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Just got back from game, and to say the club is an embarrassment is an understatement.

When fans starting fighting each other in the stands like they did today and when at the end of the match numerous bottles were thrown in the direction of the fans, then something must change.

Payeros not injured but you won't see him anywhere near the 1st team on a matchday for a while whilst Warnock is here.

I'm still under the impression that Warnock get sacked unless he walks away himself but I feel he's too proud to that so unfortunately I think we are stuck with him although I did find his post match interview interesting.

The club is completely toxic at the moment like it was under Pulis and I fear it's going to get a lot lot worse than this especially away from home.

1st half performance was carbon copy of Coventry and Derby away and just not good enough. 2nd half we had a few chances but it was papering over the cracks of how bad we are.

Surely Gibson can’t be happy with the payero situation? He’s spent a lot of money on somebody who won’t be starting.

I think if our manager wasn’t such a hugely respected figure in the game and wasn’t perceived to have done us a favour last season the club might be looking at things differently. Invariably Warnock has got things right in this league but it’s a while ago now and he seems to be at odds with everyone and everything at the moment. It seems he didn’t want the players we signed, he didn’t want to lose the players we loaned out, the officials are the worst in his long career, he said today he can’t go on the pitch and put the ball in the net himself. It sounds desperate and forlorn and if I’m honest a bit sad. He doesn’t know what to do, the club doesn’t know what to do so we are in a bit of limbo. We simply don’t have a good 70 minutes never mind 90 minutes in us at the moment. Yes we beat Sheff Utd but who would argue we were by  far the better team - I think we had 30 odd percent possession. I think some reflection and deep thinking needs to take place over the international break. If he is staying, Warnock needs to start enjoying it again as his negativity and despair is affecting  the team for me. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Surely Gibson can’t be happy with the payero situation? He’s spent a lot of money on somebody who won’t be starting.

I think, as was mentioned previously, players like Payero and Siliki were bought with one eye on Warnock's successor.

Though I don't think it was envisaged he would avoid playing them if at all possible.

When Warnock goes, we can probably expect to sign more players like them. Until that time though, they will only play cameo roles at most. Just have to hope they aren't thoroughly fed up and disillusioned by then.

12 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I don't think it's just that he's not starting if he is unhappy about it. The lad looks absolutely done with being a Middlesbrough player before he's even started and there's only one man to blame for that; the manager.

It's one thing hoping he'll be used more under another manager. It's quite another wondering whether he's even going to be here beyond this season, if even the rest of this one.

If it wasn't for the money involved, I'd not be shocked if Payero never played for us again. Even contemplating that idea makes me think this manager has to go.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I think, as was mentioned previously, players like Payero and Siliki were bought with one eye on Warnock's successor.

Though I don't think it was envisaged he would avoid playing them if at all possible.

When Warnock goes, we can probably expect to sign more players like them. Until that time though, they will only play cameo roles at most. Just have to hope they aren't thoroughly fed up and disillusioned by then.

I 100% agree that they are more for the next manager than Warnock, but the club would probably still expect them to get quite a lot of game time or it is just a full year of development wasted for them and by the time it gets to next year they might want to leave 

• Like 1

Do any insiders know what’s happening with the Payero situation? We know Warnock didn’t want him, but a couple of weeks ago he said he was the best player in training, got a round of applause after training and was told he’d start at Coventry. Picked up a knock so was out for a couple of matches then in v Reading. We know what Warnock said after that but how can it have got so toxic? I’d imagine he will be loaned out in Jan if Warnock still here. It’s a bit like Pulis and Braithwaite. Just odd. 

Feels awful right now. Same points as Woodgate so far - we had that amazing run over Xmas that season. Carry on like this and we’ll be doing worse than when he first came in 😞 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

I 100% agree that they are more for the next manager than Warnock, but the club would probably still expect them to get quite a lot of game time or it is just a full year of development wasted for them and by the time it gets to next year they might want to leave 

How can Siliki be for the next manager? He’s here on loan! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

How can Siliki be for the next manager? He’s here on loan! 

I think the deal has an obligation to buy if requirements are met which are very easily met. That’s what French newspapers were saying if I remember correctly