Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

I think one of the reasons NW isn't as effective anymore is due to the technical quality of footballers. Before you could work hard and dig out a result against teams that lack "on the ball quality'. However, over the last few years, more and more clubs have switched to an expansive style, with players good on the ball. These teams can navigate around the predictable football and traps NW is known for most of the time.

Just a case of the game changing beyond his style. 

34 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Been told he’s off

Can you give me a percentage of how much you trust your source to be right? I'm.about to go for a pint and need to know if it's going to turn into 10 so I can let my boss know I won't be in tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
15 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Can you give me a percentage of how much you trust your source to be right? I'm.about to go for a pint and need to know if it's going to turn into 10 so I can let my boss know I won't be in tomorrow

Surely you have 10 on a Sunday anyway @Neverbefore🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Rat catcher said:

Could we bring in a new manager within the next two weeks that is a planned event ? Sounds like another panic move if we do.

Just bring Woody in as caretaker while we have a leisurely look around for the next man.  He was the best man for the job before so I'm sure he can be again 🙌

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Gibson can't support Warnock publicly as Warnock has quite clearly had a couple of recent public digs at the club, and therefore Gibson by extension.  If he supports him he would be endorsing those criticisms of himself.

As soon as we had the 'Steve wants to gamble on South Americans' in the summer or whatever it was, this was all only going to go one way.  Ultimately though it's all down to Gibson not Warnock.

Warnock has had many digs at the club, and therefore indirectly Gibson, yes. However, what if Gibson has sympathy for the uncomfortable position that his long-term friend is in due to his preference of an unconventional transitional season and, if Gibson was planning on giving Warnock more time, then him publicly backing him will calm down the very heavy criticism that he's under? It's a tactic Gibson has used in the past with Woodgate and Pulis when he dug his heels in to give them more time. My criticism of Warnock is tempered down because of this transition period putting both Scott and Warnock into uncomfortable positions by Gibson, and I'm sure Gibson realises that he's created a bit of a disjointed mess behind the scenes and probably understands Warnock's frustrations.

Thankfully, however, it seems in the past few hours that Warnock is leaving so there will be no need for Gibson to back him. Hopefully an official announcement will come very soon!

9 minutes ago, Payero said:

Neil has been off since Blackpool, the club has been actively searching for his replacement for 2 weeks now 

Warnock would’ve gone after Blackpool if that was the case.

Not that I don’t think NW’s coat is on a shaky nail, but if the club were actively looking for his replacement then he would be happily relaxing in the south west.