Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Warnock has had many digs at the club, and therefore indirectly Gibson, yes. However, what if Gibson has sympathy for the uncomfortable position that his long-term friend is in due to his preference of an unconventional transitional season and, if Gibson was planning on giving Warnock more time, then him publicly backing him will calm down the very heavy criticism that he's under?

Because I don't think Gibson will have sympathy for the uncomfortable position Warnock is in.  I'm not even sure it is an uncomfortable position as such.  He was brought out of retirement to have a crack at managing again, and I'm sure he's getting paid a decent wedge to be here. I'd be surprised if any of this has happened without Warnock being told it was happening, and he had to have known that he would be here for a limited amount of time.  In fact, didn't Warnock himself say that there would be changes within the club way back last season?  If he wasn't happy with the changes then he could have resigned and went back to retirement.  Once he's decided to stick around then it's up to him to fit in with what his boss wants to do, not the other way around.  The public criticism won't have gone unnoticed, and I doubt Gibson would be thrilled with it.  I'm sure he wasn't when Karanka was giving it out either.  I've no doubt that Gibson would prefer things to have worked out differently than they have but Warnock isn't doing him a favour by being here, he's just another employee at the end of the day, and once you start criticising your boss then you're already half way out the door.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Thing is this is 90% Warnock’s coaching staff, if he goes, we lose everyone apart from Leo too

Shame that. They've done such sterling work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

According to a poster on FMTTM, there was a meeting this morning with Gibson, Bauser and Scott to thrash it all out, Warnock's had a fight with a player, and Payero wants to tear up his contract and go home.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hendrie_7 said:

According to a poster on FMTTM, there was a meeting this morning with Gibson, Bauser and Scott to thrash it all out, Warnock's had a fight with a player, and Payero wants to tear up his contract and go home.

That got to be BS.  

• Like 1