Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Sounds like it yeah 

*It's multiple players now apparently 

It was like a Royal Rumble.  I think I'd pick either big Uche, or Sol to be the last man standing, maybe Crooks.  Then Howson would come out when whoever has won is celebrating and belt them over the head with a chair to claim the win for himself.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Maybe, he looked half decent in his few cameos, though I would still be surprised.

Then we should probably stop spending a couple of million quid a year on youth development.  It's one of the few things that this club has going for it, at least in comparison to our competitors, we should be prioritising it.

11 hours ago, Payero said:

Karanka and middlesbrough went hand in hand. We should never have sacked him IMO, we were going down but I think we would have came straight back up, you'll never see karanka back though 

Respectfully disagree, honestly. It seemed the damage was done behind the scenes with hierarchy/players and morale was crushed. There was the obvious seething from AK over the Rhodes/Downing signings and *** knows what else behind the scenes, the dressing room was fractured. Bringing in egos such as Valdes which seemed to et everyone very excited at the time was only going to go one way. Negredo is the one forward we had that season though I thought handled himself very well. 

If I recall correctly, AK seemed he went out his way to behave the worst he could towards the end times or at least felt that way. Just don't understand how keeping him on would have been constructive in any way and sometimes think how badly it could have ended up in he instance we did decide to let him just carry on skulking around the place. Relationships with players, fury with the board then the fans unrest as we were really, in the roughest of patches. It wasn't a good time for us at all. 

That's why I just don't understand how anyone thinks he would have brought us straight back up. Same way as I don't understand how bringing him back even now (which is still a popular opinion) would work?! We're operating on a totally new model soon hopefully once the Warnock dinosaur posse are gone. Gradually the work of Scott's prospects will be coming through

What other club after all this kind of thing (without getting into all the details of it) would think it's a great idea to continue and not start afresh given what happened?? Seems people would rather remained trapped in those memories from how happy we were from his appointment, up until promotion (even then there were groans right until that promotion day against Brighton at Riverside!) then after a decent start in PL.. I recall seeing little other than petulance from AK and times in which he could have reigned himself in to avoid things spiralling out of control. He's ruined his relationship with the management and key players up here .. Christ, could go on and on. 

This is why I find it similarly confusing as to how people think AK would have brought us straight back up with Monk's budget. They seem sure of it .. sometimes it's better just moving on. I fondly remember his time from the moment he arrived and had us promoted, that season was such a hard slog and to get 2nd place with the teams around us given the amount of time he done it in, I'll always have nothing but great respect for. 

Going back for old managers mainly through getting sentimental over what was achieved when he was here up until it went t1ts up, it's never worked before and it isn't going to work with bringing AK back. I don't even think he wishes to return. The Boro board would not want to work with him, nor do I really see him a decent fit for the new era we're hoping to achieve success in going forward. 

Just seems far too many Boro fans are thinking he is the answer without considering any of the above. Go that way, we may as well stick with Warock of stop/start/stop/start, get a point on the road here and there because that appears to be the best we'll get from an AK return judging from his previous few jobs over here. He had his fun here but I really don't think he is all he is cut out to be as a manager at all. At least not in this country. 

I think AK was a flash in the pan. I wish him the best in his future and hope he goes onto do something brilliant, but it is no longer going to be in in the EFL. And Boro is the last place it's going to be. 

• Like 5

Seems to be a bullying culture with the younger players and one player who came in this summer for a fee has been singled out by one staff member. It was brought to the attention of Bauser as family is concerned for well being of player. 

3 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Seems to be a bullying culture with the younger players and one player who came in this summer for a fee has been singled out by one staff member. It was brought to the attention of Bauser as family is concerned for well being of player. 

Bullying culture within the group or staff bullying the players?

4 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Payero then.

11 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Christ, that's grim if true.

13 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

If this has been allowed to go on for any amount of time it's terrible and they should be ashamed.