oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

11 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

We probably were already planning for Warnock leaving this summer anyway. So managers will have been spoken to.

Does the guy we wanted in summer fancy coming now? 

You'd like to think we had already drawn up a list or at list discussed where we want to go in terms of style. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

We probably were already planning for Warnock leaving this summer anyway. So managers will have been spoken to.

Does the guy we wanted in summer fancy coming now? 

I'm sure we started the search as soon as Scott was appointed, thats got to be one of the main parts of his job to find Warnocks replacement. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I don’t know if it’s because I’m spending too much time on here, but I think I feel worse about things now than under Woodgate.

Woodgate was given no money and was so out of his depth you had to have a little sympathy for him. With Warnock, it’s all very meh, not even properly announced as staying, just kind of kept on and that’s that. He’s done nothing but moan - needing more players, criticising the ones he’s got, pouring water on any excitement about potential new signings before they even start. 

He continually talks about the fitness of players - Dijksteel the latest. Well he’s been a Boro player for 3 seasons now, if he’s not looking after himself, the club should be acting. What happened to Frankie the fitness trainer anyway? Players not taking care of their nutrition - surely that’s the club as well? Feels like players are just left to get on with things. 

Then slagging off players to the media. Saying Uche is 2nd or 3rd choice (when he was the only CF we had) - then laughing that he “won’t read it” when asked if saying that to the media would have a negative effect. 

He knew this season the direction the club was going. He knew Scott was coming in, he knew about the new Head of Recruitment and the type of players we were scouting. Why stay if he’s as apposed to it as his comments imply? He could have been selling the future vision, getting the fans excited, building for the long term and being part of a new legacy. Instead he sounds bitter, set in his ways and actively going against what the club are trying to do. 

I still think Woodgate was worse, talk about a rabbit in the headlights. 

Just the absolute car crash comments..."the table is lying" etc.  The big deal he made about being on time for everything in his first press conference. 

The total abandonment of the "Liverpool" style he wanted to implement three weeks in when Mowbray taught him a lesson. 

We just stank of relegation that year. It was a total utter mess. 

• Like 2

Not sure I see us going down with or without Warnock. As infuriating as Saturday was, we really should have won. I'm not saying we played well, we didn't, but enough good chances were made to be clear ahead before Hull scored from pretty much their only attack of the 2nd half.

If we had been second best and the players looked like they'd given up, then I'd be more worried.

Having said that, you never know... You can get relegated from this league without being total crap and getting thumped every week.

Surely if he was staying though with all these strong rumours around they would sort of come out and let us know he was staying in a subtle way. That hasn’t happened yet. I still think he’s going.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Love emoji speculation. Zip those mouths, people. There's surely only one reason to do that, right?

🤐

Yeah Marcus loves a bit of Rainbow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2