oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

7 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

It’s shameful how he’s been treated. I just hope once Warnock and his team have gone, Payero still wants to play for us. I feel so sad for him 

He probably won’t but im Hoping the new manager will see quality in him and get him Integrated back ASAP. Ironically enough like what pulis did with Traore.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, rutters said:

Here we go again:

Appoint experienced manager.. 'Sack him, he's a dinosaur'

Appoint younger manager.. 'Sack him, we need experience'

Its not the fact they're either dinosaurs or inexperienced. Its the fact that the people we've hired have been universally bad.

If they were able to get good results more often than not, I don't think people would care too much about the style of football. Kinda weird that one though, as Pulis seems to have angered a lot of fans, while they apparently weren't so bothered by Karanka's style of play. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Its not the fact they're either dinosaurs or inexperienced. Its the fact that the people we've hired have been universally bad.

If they were able to get good results more often than not, I don't think people would care too much about the style of football. Kinda weird that one though, as Pulis seems to have angered a lot of fans, while they apparently weren't so bothered by Karanka's style of play. 🤷‍♂️

To be fair pulis football was far worse than Karanka’s football. It was far worse than warnock’s football as well.

17 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

It’s shameful how he’s been treated. I just hope once Warnock and his team have gone, Payero still wants to play for us. I feel so sad for him 

Is it shameful though? Which part exactly?

He's signed for a club and started 2 of first 12 games or so, not ideal but hardly shameful.

We also have no idea what expectations were given to him about playing time when he first arrived.

It's very concerning if he is having such a troublesome time so early in his career here, and it doesn't reflect particularly well on the club.

Having an U23 player translating for him just seemed amateurish for a start.

2 minutes ago, Teacider said:

Is it shameful though? Which part exactly?

He's signed for a club and started 2 of first 12 games or so, not ideal but hardly shameful.

We also have no idea what expectations were given to him about playing time when he first arrived.

It’s shameful that he’s been singled out for being unfit, for being one of the “so many foreigners”, for us not knowing his best position, for being blamed for the goal on his one start, for being criticised in his other cameo appearances.  Now you might think he deserves all that criticism, but it’s clearly not helping him settle or become a better player. And I’d say that’s shameful. 

I think the point is we all know Warnock doesn't care about Payero. Warnock clearly wanted the club to buy a load of championship short term buys he choose in the hope he could have a decent final season.

This could have had a disastrous long term effect on the club. I applaud the club for actually telling him - no, we need to think long term.

Payero never had a chance. Warnock is the wrong person for us, he is in it for himself and having a retirement parade. 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Kiwi in London said:

I’m not sure how you can rank them frankly. Both equally as turgid. 

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played half decent football (esp first full season). Kept the ball on the floor, looked to control possession and had a clear gameplan. For all the talk about his negativity, Karanka never put out a side of a lone striker, 5 defensive mids and 4 centre backs. 

• Like 15
36 minutes ago, Kiwi in London said:

I’m not sure how you can rank them frankly. Both equally as turgid. 

Karanka's football was nothing like Pulis or Warnock.

We were slow and considered, sure, but we dominated the ball with good technical passing - teams couldn't lay a glove on us most matches. We were dangerous from set pieces and usually got the goal we needed one way or another. 

I loved that side - only time I've ever felt proud to be a Middlesbrough fan (bit young to truly experience the glory years). 

I think back to beating Brighton 3-0 at their place... and look at both sides now. Makes me genuinely sad.

EDIT: Sorry Kiwi, re-read and can see you meant Pulis was equally as bad as Warnock. Point still stands re: AK though! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Just now, TheHolgate said:

And horrendous recruitment. 

Too much recruitment. Tore up the promotion winning side and lost all the togetherness and team spirit that usually helps propel newly promoted teams on to half-decent seasons.

Replacing key players like Adomah, Nugent, Nsue, Leadbitter, Dimi, Ayala (although enforced through injury) was way too much all at once. Especially when some of the signings (Valdes) clearly were just in it for the pay.

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

AK only struggled in the prem season, mainly due to a lack of creativity in the CM, and a handbrake on approach.  

Don't think we'd have been onto success that season unless we either got rid of Karanka or got rid of whoever he fell out with behind the scenes before the Charlton game. We went into that season as unified as a smashed plate that had been Pritt Stick'd back together.