oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

Why is Warnock even staying? The fans have started to turn on him even the away fans. He is unlikely to have any real say on the January signings I would presume and he is probably going to be told to play the signings he doesn’t want. Really bewilders me as to why he is so intent on staying

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

He's on a rolling contract as are his backroom staff so it's not going to cost us hardly anything financially to axe him.

Personally I agree with what a few posters on here have speculated and it will be down to 'hush hush money' and not informing people of the problems going on. Karanka and a few players previously had signed something similar 

Ironic seeing as the biggest problem atm is the shocking football/results on the pitch - coming from Warnock and his staff. We’ve got a good squad.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

He's on a rolling contract as are his backroom staff so it's not going to cost us hardly anything financially to axe him.

Personally I agree with what a few posters on here have speculated and it will be down to 'hush hush money' and not informing people of the problems going on. Karanka and a few players previously had signed something similar 

For sure. Was joking but also very hopeful 

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Exactly this. Why are we even trying to come to some sort of compromise with him? 

He knows things about Gibson, its the only logical explanation. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Ironic seeing as the biggest problem atm is the shocking football/results on the pitch - coming from Warnock and his staff. We’ve got a good squad.

I can only presume some of the compromises are regarding some of the backroom staff and playing Silki and payero. I asked that question and wasn't given an answer.

Let's just say from reading game, it's exploded behind the scenes and like I've said to a few posters on here, I'm bewildered how we managed to get a result against Sheff utd with all this crap going on.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

He knows things about Gibson, its the only logical explanation. 

This is the Boro..  what have logical explanations got to do with things. If the axe is going to fall, it will, its just a question of when and who. least we know that Uncle Tony and Woody are available in our hour of need (looks for noose)

• Haha 1

If Gibson/Scott are asking him to compromise on team selection or style of play I can’t see why he would stay. He has a very high opinion of himself and his record (fair enough) so I doubt in his final season he will let a club he doesn’t really have that much affinity with to demand changes to the “Warnock way”. 

If meetings have been had, I’d like to think it’s now just a matter of severance pay and leaving quietly without much fuss. 

• Like 1
Just now, Skinemrippers said:

If Gibson/Scott are asking him to compromise on team selection or style of play I can’t see why he would stay. He has a very high opinion of himself and his record (fair enough) so I doubt in his final season he will let a club he doesn’t really have that much affinity with to demand changes to the “Warnock way”. 

If meetings have been had, I’d like to think it’s now just a matter of severance pay and leaving quietly without much fuss. 

Spot on, Warnock isn't going to be told which players to pick. 

Just change the manager if you don't like the way he manages. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Let's just say from reading game, it's exploded behind the scenes and like I've said to a few posters on here, I'm bewildered how we managed to get a result against Sheff utd with all this crap going on.

Can you give any more details? 

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

@diggerlad 

What happened to the former player who should join as coach/manager ... The one who was an unsung hero? 😉

Ssshhh, they'd all forgotten about that one 😂

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

@diggerlad 

What happened to the former player who should join as coach/manager ... The one who was an unsung hero? 😉

Like I posted previously, still a option at the end of the season for a new position. If warnock was to leave before that, I don't know where that would leave the negotiations and if he would come before hand.

Guess work here, but I'm presuming the club are still in contact with him as they were over the summer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1