oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

9 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Let's just say from reading game, it's exploded behind the scenes and like I've said to a few posters on here, I'm bewildered how we managed to get a result against Sheff utd with all this crap going on.

Sounds like an episode of Eastenders 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

Even if you put the results on the pitch to one side, it sounds like there’s no possible way Warnock can continue in his position with fans and seemingly players turning against him.

My opinion is that Gibson won’t want to rush and take a risk employing the wrong replacement too early and risking another serious relegation battle, in an ideal world I think we would’ve liked Scott to have had the whole season to identify a replacement 

16 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

If Gibson/Scott are asking him to compromise on team selection or style of play I can’t see why he would stay. He has a very high opinion of himself and his record (fair enough) so I doubt in his final season he will let a club he doesn’t really have that much affinity with to demand changes to the “Warnock way”. 

If meetings have been had, I’d like to think it’s now just a matter of severance pay and leaving quietly without much fuss. 

This makes most sense to me, why would Warnock stand for being told what he can and can't do at this stage of his career?

Doesnt make sense otherwise and do the club actually think that Warnock can play a different style of football anyway?

If the stuff mentioned before about the backroom staff bullying players is true then they should be sacked immediately in my opinion. There should be no compromises as far as that is concerned

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Even if you put the results on the pitch to one side, it sounds like there’s no possible way Warnock can continue in his position with fans and seemingly players turning against him.

My opinion is that Gibson won’t want to rush and take a risk employing the wrong replacement too early and risking another serious relegation battle, in an ideal world I think we would’ve liked Scott to have had the whole season to identify a replacement 

You'd like to think question number 2 of Scott's interview after "what style do you want to play?" would have been "who would you appoint as the long term successor to deliver that style of football?"

1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

This makes most sense to me, why would Warnock stand for being told what he can and can't do at this stage of his career?

Doesnt make sense otherwise and do the club actually think that Warnock can play a different style of football anyway?

To be fair I think Warnock and the players can probably play a different style of football. Or at least the players anyway. You can see when we get the ball on the floor we are more than capable imo