oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

3 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Maybe the compromises mentioned earlier are from our side and not Warnocks!

Been thinking a lot about what’s going on and it has all soured very quickly. It was only a couple of months ago everyone was loving Neil and his bumbag. Is it just social media and forums like this where there is most unrest? I would expect if he’s staying (still hoping not) then the club and Warnock need to put out a statement/article about what our aims are this season and beyond. It’s that creating the most upset I think - it seems like we’ve got two very distinct strategies. 

Roll on 11am and let’s see. 

You make a decent point about SM and forums being an easy mouth piece for discontent without physical retribution, however sadly this is beginning to creep into games, seen and heard more so at away matches. When home fans and if they turn on NW happens I honestly believe that this could trigger a response/ action from the club.

If things go the wrong way against Peterborough this will lead to the lighting of the blue paper, Riverside could get ugly

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

Been reading for a few days on here. 

For me I just don’t know how we can continue, I think the fans have turned but then again we are a fickle bunch and can soon turn back again.  If the rumours of bullying are true then that’s a sackable offence for me.  

I think it’s just time to stop all this nonsense and move on to the next longer term manager, that’s presuming he is available.

8 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Been thinking a lot about what’s going on and it has all soured very quickly. It was only a couple of months ago everyone was loving Neil and his bumbag. Is it just social media and forums like this where there is most unrest? I would expect if he’s staying (still hoping not) then the club and Warnock need to put out a statement/article about what our aims are this season and beyond. It’s that creating the most upset I think - it seems like we’ve got two very distinct strategies. 

Plenty of discontent in the stands on a match day. Maybe not as vociferous and vocal as on here for example but there’s plenty of unhappy match goers. 

Not everyone loved Warnock and his bumbag either…😉

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Not everyone loved Warnock and his bumbag either…😉

Ah come on now @Humpty everyone knows that you went out and bought one the next day 😂😂😂

• Wow 1
12 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I think the reason it has turned so quickly is that Warnock was never the long term answer and was only a short term, almost a transitional manager and once you think like that, the amount of games he is judged on becomes shorter, so patience becomes shorter etc.

I do also think the style of football and the press conferences are just accelerating the turn because most fans think there is going to be a younger more progressive coach brought in under Scott. 

• Like 1

Whilst we are dealing with various outcomes will pose the question

Is the Peterborough match THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.....................for NW?.

Bad result is there anyway he will remain?

I sincerely hope the Peterborough game is the first under a new manager who has a progressive, modern approach to the game, likes to play football and knows how to get the best out of players. 

We can all dream!

37 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Erh no! There was plenty of us who wanted rid og Warnock as soon as last season ended, because of the crap football he was serving up and his stupid antics on the sidelines and constant excuses. Then when it became apparent that he was only here for this season and that we were trying to move in a more modern direction we wanted him gone even more. It was clear that this was going to be a nothing season and just a waste of 12 months under his abject football with no focus on development at all. We made that mistake with Pulis and it all feels like groundhog day again. We never learn. Horiffic top management at the club.

Payero has he actually gone back to Argentina for good ? If so it most rate as one of the most embarrassing episodes in recent times. We took ages to get him. Warnock never wanted him. Really sends out negative signals to young foreign players that may like to come to the boro.

26 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I think the reason it has turned so quickly is that Warnock was never the long term answer and was only a short term, almost a transitional manager and once you think like that, the amount of games he is judged on becomes shorter, so patience becomes shorter etc.

I do also think the style of football and the press conferences are just accelerating the turn because most fans think there is going to be a younger more progressive coach brought in under Scott. 

I agree. You can stomach bad results from a new manager if there is a clear plan in place and a vision for how things will will improve. How on earth are we supposed to get behind someone who is:

A) Producing crap football and even worse results (for 18 months now)

&

B) We already know for a fact is a short term manager who won't be here next season

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Erh no! There was plenty of us who wanted rid og Warnock as soon as last season ended, because of the crap football he was serving up and his stupid antics on the sidelines and constant excuses. Then when it became apparent that he was only here for this season and that we were trying to move in a more modern direction we wanted him gone even more. It was clear that this was going to be a nothing season and just a waste of 12 months under his abject football with no focus on development at all. We made that mistake with Pulis and it all feels like groundhog day again. We never learn. Horiffic top management at the club.

It's not quite the same though, there are clear signs of where the club wants to go this time, it's clearly a transition year and yes that's frustrating as a fan but this feels different to when Pulis was here

3 minutes ago, Teacider said:

It's not quite the same though, there are clear signs of where the club wants to go this time, it's clearly a transition year and yes that's frustrating as a fan but this feels different to when Pulis was here

It's only a transition year because we have chosen it to be. Why does it have to be a nothing year? We invested decent money in the squad over the summer and have good team. Wasting 12 months on nothing is ridiculous.

• Like 1