Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

Yeah it looks likely that he's staying. Gazette, while not in the loop as much as the would like, would not have posted that article this morning if they hadn't had reassurance from the club that he's staying and been confident about it.

3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

@Foxtrot Oscar Colin I was wondering myself if Leo could take on a caretaker role, he has managed before, I think even if it was U20's.

I honestly just think it would lift the toxicity at the moment and I've never met a boro fan who doesn't have the utmost admiration for the bloke. Even if say he drew one lost 2 but the players looked at it and hungry again I don't think many would mind.

I mean tbf we have 2 fit defenders atm it's a difficult situation that's been made because Colin can't man manage certain players and has to get rid of anyone who isn't the same as 'pelts' or 'jonny'. It's just shocking management it really is. Last seasons laying down the tools in January. To this seasons publicly singling out our best performers in the opening weeks and some new lads finding their feet. How on earth can anyone defend the bloke it's outrageous. 

Thats not even going into playing style,  tactics, touchline behaviour, results. This situation as a whole is worse than Strachan from the outside looking in and at least he had the decency to leave when he knew he had blew it. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah it looks likely that he's staying. Gazette, while not in the loop as much as the would like, would not have posted that article this morning if they hadn't had reassurance from the club that he's staying and been confident about it.

The Gazette have a history of posting stuff that the club then prove wrong mere hours later? Can't trust a thing they say after the Tomlin incident.

6 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Loads of injury problems but they have the lads working really hard this week. Honestly not surprised we have so many issues. Constantly running them into the ground. 

Yet more dinosaur methods. Just train harder, that's obviously how you stop injuries from happening...

• Like 1

I among others didn’t think awarding NW a extension a good idea but I bought into it. No denying he kept us up but the football was dire and we fell flat towards the season end. There was some hope from the club with changes and he was going to be backed the following season. It would be hard not to support NW knowing he would be given players to do his job and there began the onset of expectation. 

Come transfer window and what we hoped was going to be a breathtaking start of incoming and out going never happened. We knew it would because there was much talk about what was needed and from where we were targeting, so like troops on the front line being told it was coming, out came the binoculars and the scanning for signs began and we waited and waited. There was a few false dawns but the inevitable started but not the elite trained troops we hoped and more the territorial army arrived. (no disrespect intended). So the club had decided to shop at Primark and not M&S and after NW realised that while on paper they looked good and regardless what people had said about them the quality wasn’t what was expected. 

So the question is are we expecting to much?   

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The Gazette have a history of posting stuff that the club then prove wrong mere hours later? Can't trust a thing they say after the Tomlin incident.

That was quite a while ago with completely different journalists involved, can't think of anything of that kind recently.

36 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If the club wanted him gone, he'd be gone now, not after the Peterborough game, in my opinion.

I think your old adage may well be lost on the club's ability to sack him if he lasts beyond this international break. Pulis managed to cling on very much in the same way and we seem to know how much Gibson valued him.

Part of me thinks Warnock is also clinging onto his football career for dear life, not wanting to give this one up for not knowing where the next job comes if it ever does. I appreciate how hard that may be for him but as I've said before, we're not a club for the sake of Neil Warnock's career until he decides to pack it in or at least we shouldn't be. If he wants to stay, he has to change and if he can't change, his time is up.

I'd be amazed if this is the case. The bloke has been in football management for the last 4 decades. You'd think he'd have had enough by now. If he isn't financially set for his retirement, thats his own fault.

While I can appreciate some people are just workaholics and find it difficult to give up something they love, I would also think he's smart enough (and has been at enough clubs) to know when it just isn't working.

He could save everyone (including himself) a lot of grief by walking away from Boro, taking some time out and maybe trying his hand at a League 1 or 2 club.

The meeting spoken about last night where compromises were apparently made I hope it’s not the club backing down on players like Payero and letting Warnock have his own way with team selection, as that man’s confidence will be killed and we all saw what happened to Akpom after becoming the scapegoat 

• Like 2

I don’t think I’ve ever been so for a manager to get sacked. Even under pulis and woodgate I can’t remember been so annoyed than I am now. I used to love the bloke but after a while you just realise he’s full of ***. He will say anything than admit faults of his own. 
if we hadn’t brought in Scott and knowing this will be his last season maybe I could get behind him, but I just don’t see any reason to not get rid now. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

The meeting spoken about last night where compromises were apparently made I hope it’s not the club backing down on players like Payero and letting Warnock have his own way with team selection, as that man’s confidence will be killed and we all saw what happened to Akpom after becoming the scapegoat 

Funny you should mention Akpom, it looks like Payero is getting the same treatment. 

- NW glowing quotes about the player upon signing

- publicly criticises them 

It looks a growing pattern 

• Like 2

There's a potential scenario here where we lose Scott too. 

If Scott is pro sacking Warnock but is getting blocked by SG; I'd be asking serious questions about my ability to freely do my role as head of football without any meddling. 

• Sad 1