oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I'd be amazed if this is the case. The bloke has been in football management for the last 4 decades. You'd think he'd have had enough by now. If he isn't financially set for his retirement, thats his own fault.

While I can appreciate some people are just workaholics and find it difficult to give up something they love, I would also think he's smart enough (and has been at enough clubs) to know when it just isn't working.

He could save everyone (including himself) a lot of grief by walking away from Boro, taking some time out and maybe trying his hand at a League 1 or 2 club.

I think the fact he's been in it for 4 decades is a showcase of what he can't give up. I believe he's said similar things himself since coming here. Wasn't it back in the mid-00s when he initially said he was going to retire?

He's not fussed on money, he came here saying don't worry about the money. I'm sure like anyone he'll make sure he gets paid his fair bit for his work but I don't think it's why he's in the game.

The problem is that whether he can see it is or isn't working, he won't want to give up on trying to make it work unless the atmosphere is really bad and I think he wants to believe it's better than his own fans singing about him getting sacked in the morning. It was just a few days before that when he'll have been giving it the big fist pump to the Red Faction after the Sheffield United game.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

Funny you should mention Akpom, it looks like Payero is getting the same treatment. 

- NW glowing quotes about the player upon signing

- publicly criticises them 

It looks a growing pattern 

Always feel like Payero is going to be someone Warnock doesn’t appreciate as he was the clubs signing with a lot of Buzz from the fans who all were excited, whereas Olusanya felt like Warnocks reply to the Payero signing almost and him proving he can still spot a player and that’s why he’s getting these minutes off the bench while looking out of his depth

• Like 2
Just now, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Always feel like Payero is going to be someone Warnock doesn’t appreciate as he was the clubs signing with a lot of Buzz from the fans who all were excited, whereas Olusanya felt like Warnocks reply to the Payero signing almost and him proving he can still spot a player and that’s why he’s getting these minutes off the bench while looking out of his depth

Yeah and Olusanya looks every bit a non-league footballer from what I've seen. But he'll get every opportunity going because he's Warnock's pet project.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

There's a potential scenario here where we lose Scott too. 

If Scott is pro sacking Warnock but is getting blocked by SG; I'd be asking serious questions about my ability to freely do my role as head of football without any meddling. 

I can see it now. 

Payero does a Tevez. 

New head of football storms out after a few weeks due to untenable position. 

Long term plan ripped up. 

Warnock stays to oversee the disaster and contributing to it further. 

You have to laugh!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I can see it now. 

Payero does a Tevez. 

You have to laugh!

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I can see it now. 

Payero does a Tevez. 

You have to laugh!

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

4 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I can see it now. 

Payero does a Tevez. 

You have to laugh!

Wouldn't suprise me in the slightest.

payero is a 8 or 10. currently our 8 or 10 is crooks. to play that under warnock you need to be 6ft 4in and be able to head a ball or its pointless. payero is useless to warnock in the way he plays. he isnt going to play him deep and get him doing howsons job of running about everywhere and launching hopeful balls into the channels. whats the point in signing him? hes signed by the club clearly and warnock isnt thinking about anything other than the present. where scott is thinking future. thats the compromise warnock needs to make, he needs to get onboard with the club or gibson will pull the trigger. 

hopefully thats already happened, fingers and toes crossed eh

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been so for a manager to get sacked. Even under pulis and woodgate I can’t remember been so annoyed than I am now. I used to love the bloke but after a while you just realise he’s full of ***. He will say anything than admit faults of his own. 
if we hadn’t brought in Scott and knowing this will be his last season maybe I could get behind him, but I just don’t see any reason to not get rid now. 

I agree as well, what’s the point in keeping Warnock till the end when next season will be another transitional period under a new manager. Surely it makes sense to get someone in now use the rest of this season to transition and go for it next year, with someone who will keep the ball on the ground.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Payero said:

He was injured last week so has flown home for a week to see his family. He's struggling with a knee injury 

Complete opposite to what i heard...  No sign of injury at all and was told he wont be near the match days squad for a long period as warnock and the backroom staff dont trust him.

What time is warnock getting sacked did you say?

• Haha 3
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Complete opposite to what i heard...  No sign of injury at all and was told he wont be near the match days squad for a long period as warnock and the backroom staff dont trust him.

If that’s true get that *** out of the club.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

payero is a 8 or 10. currently our 8 or 10 is crooks. to play that under warnock you need to be 6ft 4in and be able to head a ball or its pointless. payero is useless to warnock in the way he plays. he isnt going to play him deep and get him doing howsons job of running about everywhere and launching hopeful balls into the channels. whats the point in signing him? hes signed by the club clearly and warnock isnt thinking about anything other than the present. where scott is thinking future. thats the compromise warnock needs to make, he needs to get onboard with the club or gibson will pull the trigger. 

hopefully thats already happened, fingers and toes crossed eh

It’s another example of us signing a player for the wrong type of manager and then selling him back to Argentina next year as Warnock has killed any confidence he had being a new lad in a new country for 1 million

1 minute ago, Payero said:

Neil warnock is the lowest paid member of first team staff supposedly so I don't think he's in it for the cash 

I'd be shocked in a way if that was the case but also, the man has made his money in the game and I'm pretty sure that he's the kind of man that knows the value of that money and isn't out to financially capitalise on every remaining opportunity. I don't think he'd get held up by money unless it was related to someone else, i.e. his coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Get this *** troll out of our club and take his henchmen with him