Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

1 hour ago, thatoldchestnut said:

If he stays, can anyone tell me when the last time was when a manager was successful when it was known he was only staying until the end of the season. This will end in teard.

Is that tears or turd? I know which one I prefer!

There's being ITK and there's making stuff up. I don't want to hear from people that have heard something from a mate down the pub. I'm not inferring that Payero is one of these but has he got anything right before? I don't actually keep track of who's got things right or wrong before...Digger and Lurker included. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Humpty said:

There's being ITK and there's making stuff up. I don't want to hear from people that have heard something from a mate down the pub. I'm not inferring that Payero is one of these but has he got anything right before? I don't actually keep track of who's got things right or wrong before...Digger and Lurker included. 

These statements seem completely contradictory.

10 minutes ago, Humpty said:

It's simply up to you to scroll past those you don't believe or you think are making stuff up. We can't control what people write and obviously we can't fact check them. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Coming on a forum and saying you dont want to hear something is kind of daft though no? 

• Like 1

My story on Michael Smith from Rotherham and Andre Wisdom over weekend came from a man on a petrol forecourt. Albeit i do know said man. Hope the location of my information did not cause any offence to anyone.

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Coming on a forum and saying you dont want to hear something is kind of daft though no? 

Really? You’re happy for some posters to pass off information that’s simply not true or at best vague, third hand information as if it’s gospel and not get called out for it? 

You can usually tell whether people are passing on information in good faith and that's all that really matters. Even people with genuine links to what's actually going on aren't going to get everything right because things move fast in this industry. 99% of information people hear and say is *gobsmack* hearsay and nobody needs to be put into some kind of legitimacy table for it on here. We're not journalists, we're forum posters.

As for today, people haven't done anything but hope this information is true. Nobody has taken it as gospel because nobody really should. Rumours generate conversation though and we can all have a natter about how much we believe those rumours for what reasons and there's no problem with that.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Really? You’re happy for some posters to pass off information that’s simply not true or at best vague, third hand information as if it’s gospel and not get called out for it? 

Stop being such a tart……

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I'm happy for people to pass on rumours, yes. I come here for the gossip - of course I realise that some is grade A and maybe at other times less so, but that's the point. What I don't enjoy is the people who do give info in good faith (and I think we can tell the difference in most cases) being hounded off the board because something they mentioned didn't come through.

That's the kind of thing which makes us all wish the transfer threads were as good as the old days and wonder why nobody gives us the gossip anymore.

• Like 3