Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

1 minute ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

It's not even the style, to be honest - at least as far as I'm concerned. It's more that he's lost the spark himself.

When he first arrived, he seemed to have this way of taking any player and making them feel like a better player. He picked up Bola, Dijksteel, McNair, Tav and Fry and put an arm around them and brought out amazing things from them. Joking that Anf was his favourite, making Tav jealous - there seemed to be an amazing spirit in the camp. At that point it really did seem like players would run through brick walls for the man.

Then, probably around the January transfer window, something changed. He started calling out individuals more and more, and this season there seems to be even more negativity creeping in - hardly surprising that a young player who's moved halfway around the world is looking out of confidence. The old Warnock wouldn't have done that, he'd have made the effort to pick up the kid's spirits.

It's time he want before the rot sets in even worse. 

Like drawing poison from a wound, at this point.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

It's not even the style, to be honest - at least as far as I'm concerned. It's more that he's lost the spark himself.

When he first arrived, he seemed to have this way of taking any player and making them feel like a better player. He picked up Bola, Dijksteel, McNair, Tav and Fry and put an arm around them and brought out amazing things from them. Joking that Anf was his favourite, making Tav jealous - there seemed to be an amazing spirit in the camp. At that point it really did seem like players would run through brick walls for the man.

Then, probably around the January transfer window, something changed. He started calling out individuals more and more, and this season there seems to be even more negativity creeping in - hardly surprising that a young player who's moved halfway around the world is looking out of confidence. The old Warnock wouldn't have done that, he'd have made the effort to pick up the kid's spirits.

It's time he want before the rot sets in even worse. 

i guess there is a reason why he has never succeeded at the top level with a club. hes a short term feel good guy, who will initially boost everyone, but it doesnt last long i guess. not with us anyway.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Payero said:

I won't apologise if its wrong if I get information I'll always pass it on, obviously 11am didn't happen but let's see what happens eh.

Like those who continually wish for the apocolyps

3 minutes ago, McMordie said:

KLFM makes some fair points.

Showing hoe un-ITK I am, what's happened to Hernandez, by the way. I've obviously missed something - is he injured?

Yeah think he hurt his thigh just before the Reading game. Hopefully back after the IB.

34 minutes ago, Ruathain said:

I enjoy the gossip on here. The transfer threads would be boring without it! I also think there is people on here with genuine ITK info. But I also accept that these things don't always happen for various reasons, but it adds a bit of excitement to the full thing. If there was no rumours and info, this forums number of visitors would be half what it is at present. You can normally tell by the tone and the actual rumour if it is somebody attention seeking or if somebody has genuinely been told something in good faith.

The way I look at it they all have a 50% chance of being right or wrong, like the input from members but the only voice piece is Sky Sports news followed by MFC

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, McMordie said:

At the risk of being shot down, do we really want him gone right now?

Had Sporar's shot gone the right side of the post, McNair's shot beaten the keeper or their rebound off the post gone anywhere other than Lumley's head we might well be hailing a good away win at Hull and three wins in four matches (and getting soaked on the way back to the park and ride would have been less annoying). There are certain things on the pitch that Warnock can't control.

He can control the poor start to the game. He can control the morale of the squad and not pretty much roasting everyone other than his few pet plodders. We're being beaten regularly by inferior players because he's setting the team up very poorly, playing people out of position and the football is awful. He can't control the odd missed chance but the factors he can control on the pitch we are second best most weeks whether we win or lose. 

There's only sheff utd and Bristol city and blackburn this season where we have looked the better team and we have played some poor sides.

• Like 6

IF stories about him upsetting a number of players through his habit of calling out players and making them responsible for defeats is true, I cannot see how he can stay on.

Certainly appears some players haven’t the appetite to put in a shift for him. Only one solution - because we can’t sack or change the players.

A man with a pair would have acted on this by now

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

IF stories about him upsetting a number of players through his habit of calling out players and making them responsible for defeats is true, I cannot see how he can stay on.

Certainly appears some players haven’t the appetite to put in a shift for him. Only one solution - because we can’t sack or change the players.

A man with a pair would have acted on this by now

And change it to hanging around with old ladies instead?