Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Payero said:

I've seen on flyme you want neil ymto stay erimus, i think we are in the same boat but he is 100% gone.

I can see why fans want him out, we can't all agree & not because I've always wanted him to manage the Boro I just think he's as good as anyone out there who can, hopefully, do something here 

I just think the clubs been in a rut since Southgate took us down in 2009, apart from 2 seasons under Karanka, we just amble along 

Whoever comes in a big thing they need is luck if they do well or not 

I'm a great believer in a manager & club will connect & one season we'll bounce back with good times, how far we have to fall before we have the feel good factor back though is anyone's guess

Edited by Erimus74
  • Like 3
58 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don't think he was. He was sold because there was interest in him, and he wouldn't have been a starter. We sold him at 29 years old to a team that wanted him. It was probably the most valuable he will ever be in his career at this point. I think it was above Warnock's head, personally - but a decision made to ensure the likelihood that he plays Payero and Siliki, rather than one made to recoup finances.

I think both can be true. Like, I agree completely with what you're saying about his value being higher than it will ever be but perhaps it doesn't necessarily mean we didn't need to make some money after committing to a fair bit this summer. Maybe it wasn't immediately necessary but it could still be the case that it was an opportunity we couldn't turn down to balance our financial commitments out. The kind we've turned down before, like with Gestede that one time. 😬

• Like 1
Just now, Mfcdanny said:

Please don’t do this to me 

I think in some form, some of us are going to be hanging on for dear life with the idea he's actually gone until he's back representing Middlesbrough publicly in some form like a press conference.

I wouldn't hang onto that hope because of what Payero says (which I mean no offence by, Payero).

• Like 1

I have to say I agree with Erimus too. I personally think we are more likely to put a run together and make something of the season by sticking with him than by changing tack now.

I understand people's views on the style of play but at the end of the day it's a results business. Jack Charlton's team was renowned for being dreadful to watch because we soaked up pressure for 89 minutes and then (usually) exploited Foggon's pace to break away and nick a goal but no one complained about the style of play when we went 29 games unbeaten. (There were exceptions to that in 1974 once we'd been promoted).

I'm not saying we're going to go 29 games unbeaten any time soon but I think we are capable of putting together a good run of results.

• Haha 1

So it’s not happening and it’s time to move on as NW is not. 
We have a two week international break, weather is ***t miserable but not as miserable as NW being around but there is time to mull things over. Let’s hope SG gets bulkhall mobilised to help shift a lot of the toxicity that’s infecting the club. Maybe we can all chip in and contract the people who developed the Covid vaccine for a toxic cure.. 

Anyway boys & girls, friends and foe we should be immune to bad news being Boro fans, so chin up chest out and carry on regardless. 

2 minutes ago, McMordie said:

I have to say I agree with Erimus too. I personally think we are more likely to put a run together and make something of the season by sticking with him than by changing tack now.

I understand people's views on the style of play but at the end of the day it's a results business. Jack Charlton's team was renowned for being dreadful to watch because we soaked up pressure for 89 minutes and then (usually) exploited Foggon's pace to break away and nick a goal but no one complained about the style of play when we went 29 games unbeaten. (There were exceptions to that in 1974 once we'd been promoted).

I'm not saying we're going to go 29 games unbeaten any time soon but I think we are capable of putting together a good run of results.

Why though? What has he shown so far that gives you any confidence in him doing that? I really don't get this idea, a few of you have said it and it makes 0 sense to me. There is literally no evidence to show he's going to do anything different or better than what he's done for the last season and a bit.

• Like 3