oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

8 minutes ago, McMordie said:

I have to say I agree with Erimus too. I personally think we are more likely to put a run together and make something of the season by sticking with him than by changing tack now.

Why? What since, let's say, February, suggests Warnock is capable of getting anything out of this team?

Serious question. Because I don't see it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

My own feeling is that I've seen enough in the matches and from the new signings to suggest that when we get some of the injured players back and the new players settled we will look a strong team.

On the other hand, I'm the bloke who played Gestede every game on Championship Manager, so what do I know.

• Haha 6
8 minutes ago, McMordie said:

I have to say I agree with Erimus too. I personally think we are more likely to put a run together and make something of the season by sticking with him than by changing tack now.

I understand people's views on the style of play but at the end of the day it's a results business. Jack Charlton's team was renowned for being dreadful to watch because we soaked up pressure for 89 minutes and then (usually) exploited Foggon's pace to break away and nick a goal but no one complained about the style of play when we went 29 games unbeaten. (There were exceptions to that in 1974 once we'd been promoted).

I'm not saying we're going to go 29 games unbeaten any time soon but I think we are capable of putting together a good run of results.

margot robbie what GIF

14 minutes ago, McMordie said:

I understand people's views on the style of play but at the end of the day it's a results business. Jack Charlton's team was renowned for being dreadful to watch because we soaked up pressure for 89 minutes and then (usually) exploited Foggon's pace to break away and nick a goal but no one complained about the style of play when we went 29 games unbeaten. (There were exceptions to that in 1974 once we'd been promoted).

I'm not saying we're going to go 29 games unbeaten any time soon but I think we are capable of putting together a good run of results.

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by VH1

28 minutes ago, Payero said:

i think we are in the same boat but he is 100% gone.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that makes you think he's 100% gone? 'cause I understand you trusting the person you hear things off and how the landscape changes if you know them and all that... and if they had an explanation or some form of response as to why the 11am announcement didn't go ahead.

But I'd also think, similar to the rest of us, you'd be wondering after that didn't play out as you were told that maybe somebody along the lines is just telling porkies.

Being 100% sure is quite something at this stage, for me. I'm pretty much entirely convinced he's staying right now and not just 'cause of how pessimistically I view this situation. The stuff the Gazette has pushed today in particular makes me think it can't be true he's gone, I just don't think they'd be that hidden away from this if it was actually going on.

• Like 2

Considering the heavy criticism Warnock's under, if he was staying then I think we'd have had at the very least an Evening Gazette article saying something to the extent that his position is safe for now. That's why I'm sure there's something brewing.

16 minutes ago, McMordie said:

My own feeling is that I've seen enough in the matches and from the new signings to suggest that when we get some of the injured players back and the new players settled we will look a strong team.

On the other hand, I'm the bloke who played Gestede every game on Championship Manager, so what do I know.

There isn’t anything to support this at all. Results this calendar year? Poor. Defence? Disorganised and leaking goals. Midfield? Generally outrun and overpowered. Attack? Simply can’t score enough goals.

You're in dreamland

Craig Johns on Twitter saying he 100% hasn't walked/isn't being sacked.

I don't rate the Gazette as a source of information at all, but I feel like he would have kept quiet if he wasn't sure. Seems like we're stuck with NW.

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

I don't rate the Gazette as a source of information at all, but I feel like he would have kept quiet if he wasn't sure. Seems like we're stuck with NW.

He's NWs number one supporter right now too so I think if anyone would have known, it's him. Craig seems nice enough but his defending of NW is getting a bit tiring IMO.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Payero vs Gazette... there's only one way to find out who wins.... fiiiiiigggghhhttt!

Just now, Brunners said:

He's NWs number one supporter right now too so I think if anyone would have known, it's him. Craig seems nice enough but his defending of NW is getting a bit tiring IMO.

Think unfortunately if he doesn't tow the party line, he doesn't get the sort of access he desperately needs to keep the rag going.

• Like 1