oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

4 minutes ago, CrazyL said:

Probably went into the meeting with a view to showing him the door, him leaving an hour or two late not only with his job in tact but also a bit of extra money to get Brady and the like on board.

I presume you haven't heard how it went?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's been here for 65 games, we've won 3 on the bounce once.

We've went on a proper unbeaten run once in his time here, and any attempts at runs are usually ended by teams that are rubbish and badly out of form.

He came in June didn’t he? Not being lazy because I searched but any links to his game stats since being at Middlesbrough?  I figure he have a poor win record but interesting to see 

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

He came in June didn’t he? Not being lazy because I searched but any links to his game stats since being at Middlesbrough?  I figure he have a poor win record but interesting to see 

As per @Changing Times:

"Splitting his time here, he had a 50% winning record in the 2019/20 season when he helped keep us up.  In the first half of last season this came down a bit to 43.48%.  In the second half of last season it came down again to 34.78%.  This season it’s currently standing at 27.27%.  In a results business, that would indicate a fairly clear trend, wouldn’t you say?"

Just now, Johnmfc81 said:

I presume you haven't heard how it went?

I don’t even know what it was for. Might just have been a review and planning next moves effort. I’m very confident that the meeting took place though.

• Like 1
Just now, DurhamRed said:

Why hasn't warnocked been sacked yet he's got to go before our new signings go berserk and demand to leave in January. It's clear he has lost the dressing room 

What comments have come out from players? I've not seen anything

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

What are you having, Bangers and Mash or Fish and Chips?

I’m making some mushroom risotto with chicken breast. I’ll enjoy it to the news of warnocks sacking ticking in

image.jpg

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Let’s say that it is just a results business and nothing else.  Since Warnock has been here we’ve lost more games than we’ve won. So immediately we can see that results haven’t been all that.  Splitting his time here, he had a 50% winning record in the 2019/20 season when he helped keep us up.  In the first half of last season this came down a bit to 43.48%.  In the second half of last season it came down again to 34.78%.  This season it’s currently standing at 27.27%.  In a results business, that would indicate a fairly clear trend, wouldn’t you say?

At no point have we had a set of results that would put us in the top 6.  Even that first little spell of games with the 50% win figure, we lost the other games so we’d have missed out on the play offs taking that over a full season. The first half of last season would have done the same as we won 10, drew 6 and lost 7 giving us 36 points for half a season.  It’s pointless even considering the other two periods because we would be miles off.  If at our absolute best under Warnock we weren’t able to put together the results to finish in the top 6, then what would the argument be for sticking with him purely in terms of results?  Factoring in that we clearly aren’t anywhere near that best now either, and haven’t been for months, results alone would suggest he should 

21 minutes ago, Teacider said:

What comments have come out from players? I've not seen anything

Just the way payero and Silki looked on the bench they aren't happy and now Payero is back in Argentina