Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, macapes said:

As per @Changing Times:

"Splitting his time here, he had a 50% winning record in the 2019/20 season when he helped keep us up.  In the first half of last season this came down a bit to 43.48%.  In the second half of last season it came down again to 34.78%.  This season it’s currently standing at 27.27%.  In a results business, that would indicate a fairly clear trend, wouldn’t you say?"

Oh Dear Lord just realised I got mixed up with the seasons. He joined June 2019/20 with 8 games left., managed 2020/21 and 11 so far in 2021/22 no wonder it seems the club is in the Jurassic era. His club average employment is something like 2.03 years so maybe that why he is still here, I guess he is still here because not heard people clapping outside there doors 😂 

17 minutes ago, tmcc said:

sorry to be that guy but iv just come on and seen 14+ pages of activity, can somebody get me up to speed on whats happening haha?

There was a meeting at 11am at which Erimus74 was offered the manager's job, with the club intending to part company with Neil Warnock.

However. Erimus turned the job down over the club's refusal to change the away kit back to blue and black stripes with sky blue shorts so the club has stuck with Warnock for the time being.

Just now, McMordie said:

There was a meeting at 11am at which Erimus74 was offered the manager's job, with the club intending to part company with Neil Warnock.

However. Erimus turned the job down over the club's refusal to change the away kit back to blue and black stripes with sky blue shorts so the club has stuck with Warnock for the time being.

Absolutely support Erimus, hate the green strip 👍

1 hour ago, McMordie said:

Brunners - I wouldn't disagree with that and maybe giving another year to a manager who is clearly on the verge of retirement and is bound to focus on the short term wasn't the best approach. On the other hand, I can see why he might think it's not worth the bother at the moment when he gets slated for dropping Jones when he was in need of a break (which might also have played a part in his comments on Saturday).

If we scrolled back to last May, with the benefit of hindsight I might have changed the manager before the transfer window. All I'm saying is that from where we are now I think we'll have a better season with Warnock than by making a change at this point.

Hes lost the dressing room. Recent Social media posts and players body language since he started throwing lads under the bus after about 6 games absolutely shows there's alot wrong with warnocks management of the squad. 

How is a narcissistic grumpy old bloke going to reconnect with the squad when he can't admit his own failings? It's just going to get worse. 

Forget results forget what's happening on the pitch. That alone is a massive sign you need to change the manager.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, T-CIDER said:

Even Strachan had the decency to at least leave the club. Says a lot about Warnock. 

Fun fact: Strachan was our manager for 46 games. He lost 20 of them.  Warnock has lost 22 in his last 46 games.  Strachan’s record was 13 13 20, Warnock is 17 7 22.  That would be a whole 6 points difference if you looked at it like that. Was anyone having second thoughts about Strachan going at the time?

I mean, I think if you do the same for Woodgate then we’ve actually lost more games under Warnock than Woodgate. Under him we were 9 16 16 in 41 games overall.  Warnock is 15 7 19 in his last 41 games, and I haven’t even included the Blackpool cup game in this either.  Thats about 9 points difference between the two of them and Woodgate was a disaster apparently. 

• Like 6

I'm not going to pretend I won't probably flip again if we win the next 2.

Realistically I don't think we have a chance any more, but two wins on the bounce and we could shoot up the table again.

Then I'll be back to despondency when we lose to Cardiff in their first game since sacking Mick Mccarthy.

27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Fun fact: Strachan was our manager for 46 games. He lost 20 of them.  Warnock has lost 22 in his last 46 games.  Strachan’s record was 13 13 20, Warnock is 17 7 22.  That would be a whole 6 points difference if you looked at it like that. Was anyone having second thoughts about Strachan going at the time?

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

My interest in the team and club has hit an all time low actually. Just don't look forward to games anymore. 

my interest has not waned, but I am as disappointed as I was during the back end of the Karanka era.

I wanted and expected so much more. 

• Like 1
Just now, McMordie said:

When Strachan took over we were fourth in the Championship, having just come out of the Premier League, with parachute payments and having won 50% of our games up to that point in the season.