oneBoro Forum

Warnock........is he worth it?

8 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

That’s a shocking article. Totally 1 sided. 

He’s just doing what he has to do.  I think he wrote something a few weeks back about one of our games being the most exciting boro game he’s ever seen.  When a few people commented with surprise I think he qualified it by pointing out that he has only been covering us for a little while! It’s pretty obvious what he’s up to with most of his articles and with the way the club have acted towards the Gazette you can’t really blame them I suppose. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Can he get anymore up warnocks ***. 

I unfollowed the Gazette weeks ago. Just follow Dom Shaw now. He's a bit more objective outside of the puff pieces published.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, McMordie said:

If it makes anyone feel any better, Lewis Wing has just scored for Wednesday with a cracking header from a Marvin Johnson cross.

The only one of our players who scores with a header these days is Joe Lumley.

If only he was a faster runner he could boot the ball down field and then get on the end of it himself.  I know Neil looks in from time to time but this isn’t a serious suggestion for you 🙂

Fair enough he’s just doing his job but what annoyed me the most is saying that there no evidence at all to say that warnock has an issue with payero and Siliki. 
After reading he said he’s going back to players he can trust. But the only players that were dropped against Sheffield UTd was payero and hall. 

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If only he was a faster runner he could boot the ball down field and then get on the end of it himself.  I know Neil looks in from time to time but this isn’t a serious suggestion for you 🙂

One thing I like about Lumley is the accuracy of his long goal kicks. If only he could catch a cross. Maybe he punches them with the intention of rushing downfield after them.

• Like 1

He says he’s being balanced but if I’d watched Coventry, Reading or Hull away I’d seriously struggle to write anything even slightly positive about us. The system resembled a group of school kids chasing a ball on the playground 

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

How much does boro pay the gazette to write propaganda articles 

He doesn't want to get any more snarky little comments aimed at him from Warnock in his press conferences, he's got another seven months worth of them to survive remember.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

Fair enough he’s just doing his job but what annoyed me the most is saying that there no evidence at all to say that warnock has an issue with payero and Siliki. 
After reading he said he’s going back to players he can trust. But the only players that were dropped against Sheffield UTd was payero and hall. 

It’s just an article to explain why Warnock isn’t responsible for the position we are in.  I wouldn’t let it bother you much. I’m sure it could be picked apart with ease.

• Like 1

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit of luck you could have been 10th instead of 15th’ Well whoopee-do Craig. Come back when you’ve done a lifetime of support and at least 5 years of watching backwards anti-football. To my mind we are exactly where we deserve to be in the league right now, and given the investment it’s nowhere near good enough.

• Like 21