Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been told he’s off

Easy enough to write patronising rubbish when you don’t actually support  the club? We are only Middlesbrough after all? Narrative seems to be ‘stop moaning, be grateful for what you have, with a bit

Revisionism and nonsense. 49 goals in a full season under Pulis, 68 and 63 in our seasons under Karanka. We might have been shot shy and moved the ball a bit ponderously under Karanka but we played ha

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

The Gazette’s loss for sure. His articles were largely exceptionally well crafted and he proved to be a very smart wordsmith. 

Yeah, Shakespeare's got nothing on this guy who could do alliteration AND similies....

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Really can’t take the gazette serious. They are clearly deadly frightened by the club and Warnock. Whenever i read an article from them I’m more curious to see just how brown their noses are. The journalistic integrity is deposited in a safe at Rockliffe. They must be the only local newspaper who refuses to ask difficult questions of their local club. I know it’s certainly completely the opposite where I live. Here my clubs biggest critics are the local press and they will question anything the club does and won’t let them off the hook. 

And they are busy at the moment 😉

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Really can’t take the gazette serious. They are clearly deadly frightened by the club and Warnock. Whenever i read an article from them I’m more curious to see just how brown their noses are. The journalistic integrity is deposited in a safe at Rockliffe. They must be the only local newspaper who refuses to ask difficult questions of their local club. I know it’s certainly completely the opposite where I live. Here my clubs biggest critics are the local press and they will question anything the club does and won’t let them off the hook. 

Actually quite a lot of the local papers in England have a similar relationship with the club they report on, unfortunately. I've seen local papers appear to defend really bad owners like the Oystons at Blackpool. Leeds are doing well now, but for years one of the journos at the Yorkshire Evening Post would get mercilessly mocked on Twitter over how positive he was when Leeds were rubbish.

I'm sure it's more because they have a friendly relationship with the manager/chairman that they are giving them the benefit of the doubt and not wanting to criticise them too much, rather than them being dictated what to say, but nonetheless, it isn't really representative of the fans, and it's crap. But as I say, it's hardly something that the Gazette are alone in.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Actually quite a lot of the local papers in England have a similar relationship with the club they report on, unfortunately. I've seen local papers appear to defend really bad owners like the Oystons at Blackpool. Leeds are doing well now, but for years one of the journos at the Yorkshire Evening Post would get mercilessly mocked on Twitter over how positive he was when Leeds were rubbish.

I'm sure it's more because they have a friendly relationship with the manager/chairman that they are giving them the benefit of the doubt and not wanting to criticise them too much, rather than them being dictated what to say, but nonetheless, it isn't really representative of the fans, and it's crap. But as I say, it's hardly something that the Gazette are alone in.

But it's not always been the case. When the gazette had local lads/fans writing about the club sometimes when the club deserved it they would question decisions and performances. Then Gibson shut them out and those journalists left and it all changed. It just shows that they are looking to employ people from outside the area with no emotional connection to the club to basically pedal propaganda. Poor state of affairs and the reason I wouldn't even bother looking at their articles any more.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

But it's not always been the case. When the gazette had local lads/fans writing about the club sometimes when the club deserved it they would question decisions and performances. Then Gibson shut them out and those journalists left and it all changed. It just shows that they are looking to employ people from outside the area with no emotional connection to the club to basically pedal propaganda. Poor state of affairs and the reason I wouldn't even bother looking at their articles any more.

Craig Johns' parents are from Saltburn and Guisborough and he went to Saltbun most weekends.

He might be a Man U fan, but having family from here is going to provide an emotional connection to the area and I'd guess at least some of his family are Boro fans.

Anthony Vickers writes for the club now, so I'm not sure his ousting was at the club's urging.